'Actor in 40s' Lee Sang Bo denies drug abuse charges, claims to be under medication for depression


Article: 'Actor in forties' Lee Sang Bo denies drug abuse charges... "The medication was for my depression"

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

1. [+1,126, -9] The story of what happened to his family is heartbreaking. I hope that investigations are being done thoroughly.

2. [+728, -11] His father passed away in 2009, then he lost his nuna and mother to an accident after that. He's been on depression medication ever since. I can't even imagine what his life must've been like ㅜㅜ

3. [+693, -14] After losing his entire family to an accident, it couldnt' have been easy for him to endure it all alone. There are medications for depression with drug substances in them indeed, and it seems like it wasn't enough and he was supplementing his struggles with alcohol and was subsequently found drunkenly stumbling through the streets when he was arrested. This is why the media should always wait to put out confirmed information before jumping to conclusions before they're sure. You can kill a person with a swipe of a pen.

4. [+507, -14] If he was abusing drugs, then yes, he should be penalized, but I have seen cases where depression medication has completely changed a person to the point where they act like they're drunk.

5. [+407, -39] With a family tragedy like that, we need to let him go.

6. [+104, -0] I hope that he's able to overcome his difficult family tragedy

7. [+70, -0] Investigations will reveal the truth of his claims soon enough. If he truly was abusing drugs, then that's the end of his celebrity career.. but if it truly was the influence of depression medication, then I hope he finds strength.

8. [+70, -2] I took depression medication when I was serving in the army and the doctor told me that there are drug substances in it so I could feel side effects. I'm thinking his case was something similar.

9. [+63, -1] He has not had an easy life. I hope he's able to overcome all of this. If he truly was abusing drugs, then he can pay the price of his crime. If not, I hope he remembers that people will always forget the last 3 days of anything that's happened. He shouldn't let it burden him and find strength!!!

10. [+61, -0] I'm just speculating but... since he was caught around Chuseok, I think he was just heavily intoxicated while thinking about his family and mixed his medication with alcohol... I heard depression medication can have side effects like this when taken in excess.

-

Source: Nate

1. [+3,852, -38] I'd be so sad if people made these assumptions about me if he truly is on depression medication

2. [+3,652, -33] How unfortunate... lost his father, then his mother and nuna in an accident ㅠㅠ I don't think he could stay sane in all of that ㅠㅠㅠㅠ find strength. Work hard and get back on TV soon... fighting.

3. [+3,454, -31] Lost his entire family, diagnosed with depression, left to celebrate Chuseok all alone... so unfortunate

4. [+331, -0] If his claims are true, then I feel so bad for him. The media was hunting him down without knowing anything first. He was spending Chuseok all alone after losing his family... how heartbreaking is that?

5. [+289, -1] If he ended up in this situation because of the medication prescribed to him by a hospital, he has no fault

-