Jannabi clarifies their 'rude remarks' at the Pentaport rock festival

Article: "All we have left is to take down one more team" Jannabi clarifies rude statement... without an apology

Source: The Joongang via Naver

At the 'Pentaport Rock Festival', Jannabi had some comments on being the second to last 'headlining' performance, saying, "We started as first up in the smallest stage as the 2014 Pentaport super rookies and have climbed our way up top all the way here. The peak is not far now. All we have left is to take down one more team. I don't know who the next team is but that's what I want to tell them. That we will be taking over Pentaport now. You all can go home now. We will perform 'Come Back Home' for you and leave." 

The headliner of the night was American band Vampire Weekend, and many online communities thought Jannabi's statement was rude and inconsiderate to not only Vampire Weekend but to their fans in the crowd as well.

Jannabi clarified on Instagram, "I couldn't contain my excitement at being able to perform on the stage of my dreams in front of an amazing audience. My thoughtless words gave discomfort to another band and their fans. I promise to be more cautious with my words in the future."

-

1. [+331, -24] Isn't there someone in this team who got caught for school bullying? They're all birds of a feather in the end.

2. [+171, -5] I think he got way too excited and accidentally let his true colors show

3. [+134, -7] When controversies keep happening to your group, it's no longer a controversy but your true colors at that point ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+87, 5] That's actually so immature and not humble at all

5. [+63, -23] I was there at the concert yesterday... and it sounded like he was just joking to get a laugh out of everyone. And the 'Come Back Home' part was more to mean that they weren't going to accept encores after that. I'm actually turned off by the audience to think that they had fun and enjoyed the night only to go home and act all crabby like this. The majority of the people were laughing at their words... Jannabi obviously prepared a lot for last night and now I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

6. [+57, -22] I was there at the concert. I'm not a Jannabi fan but I could tell that they had prepared a lot for this, from videos to match their songs to the lyrics to props. They were passionate about communicating with their fans and it made me realize why Jannabi became as famous as they have for their concerts. I'm sure they didn't mean for this to happen with the misunderstanding that came about with their words, and I understand the criticisms that they are receiving since their words might've hurt another band, but I will never doubt their genuine love for music or their fans after watching them last night. I hope that an article like this that only presents one side to the story will not cause people to judge them for less than what they are.

7. [+32, -3] All singers act a bit tryhard on stages like this... I don't know that it's problematic...

8. [+26, -2] This group has always been a problem

9. [+32, -12] I think they were just trying to be funny but people are treating it like a witch hunt

10. [+21, -4] What a rude band. Do they think this rock festival was a personal concert for themselves;; there were a ton of fans there to watch the international band, it actually turns me off that they could be so inconsiderate to everyone else

-