Hallyu's popularity is growing in South America

Article: "BTS, Squid Game, kimchi are the best" Hallyu enters South America, why is it so popular?

Source: Money S via Naver

1. [+152, -12] I know we like to downplay stuff like this as being 'guk-bbong' but there is already an outpour of articles in the international media calling Korea one of the strongest producers of cultural content

2. [+55, -7] Hoping one day Hallyu gets spread all over the world

3. [+51, -3] I live in Japan and there are still people who hate Korea, who have never seen 'Squid Game', who don't listen to BTS... and yet the people who experience these things once become absolutely addicted. The younger generation is the main consumer base for Hallyu but I've seen a lot of people in their fifties, too. I'm not on 'guk-bbong', it's my reality. I know a ton of people around me trying to learn Korean.

4. [+3, -0] I wouldn't say it's popular enough where the entire continent is going crazy over it or anything...

5. [+2, -0] More than anything, I thought it was so cool that Argentina made a Kimchi day... 

6. [+1, -0] BTS is doing the most for our country. Grant them military exemptions. 

7. [+1, -0] I know news like this might feel hard to believe but it's true ㅋㅋㅋㅋ My friend lives in Colombia and any time I hear stories from her, I'm so surprised... I'm always like "really? it's that big there?" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. I wonder if we'll reach a day where we can buy kimchi anywhere in the world??

9. Who cares if we're on some 'guk-bbong'~ It's nice to hear news like this ㅎㅎ

10. Now who wants a bowl of guk-bbong? 

11. It's always nice to have anyone recognize our culture

12. Feels like we're living in a generation where anything Korean is the trendiest~ It makes me happy. Let's all find strength.

-