BAE173's Lee Hankyul shares his experience growing up in an orphanage



Article: "It's not anything to be embarrassed of" Idol who grew up in orphanage shows legendary character

Source: Wikitree via Instagram

BAE173's Lee Hankyul revealed, "I was left at an orphanage since I was a baby and grew up there till the first grade. My mother was volunteering there at the time and I remember following her around. I have memories of her playing with me. I then switched orphanages and couldn't see her anymore. Despite not knowing where I could've gone, she still managed to find me again. After seeing her on a schedule, I began to feel a sense of greed in wanting to leave the orphanage with her. She asked me to wait, and then she adopted me. I have a big age gap with the rest of my hyungs, so I reckon it must've been difficult for her to raise me. I don't find it embarrassing that I was raised in an orphanage. I hope that the other children being raised in one now are able to see me speaking confidently on TV and don't feel embarrassed either. This is not anything to be teased for."

-

1. [+400] He grew up well. His mother is an amazing person. Very cool👏

2. [+398] These comments, sigh...

3. [+177] Very cool

4. [+145] Lee Hankyul, love you ㅠ

5. [+135] I support you

6. [+103] I volunteered at his orphanage in the past and there was always a lot of talk about what a good guy he is. A lot of our staff prayed hard to wish him success in life. Our staff are always praising him out of gratitude for growing up so well 👏👏👏

7. [+104] What a great person~ I wish him success

8. [+89] The mother raised an amazing son.. much respect to her

9. [+76] Love you, Lee Hankyul. Thank you for becoming an idol.

10. [+71] I don't know who this idol is but reading his story made me tear up. I will support him from today on!!!

11. [+53] I support you. I wish you success so that you can be good to your mother and become an icon of hope to other children in need 👏👏👏

12. [+31] Lee Hankyul is an idol that I always wish success for ㅠㅠ..

-