1,000 Korean men and women surveyed on their ideal conditions in marriage partners


2020 Ideal conditions in partners: survey of 1,000 unmarried men and women (500 each)

Ideal Husband
Height: 178.5 cm
Annual salary: 57.49 million won
Assets: 277.95 million won
Age difference: 1.8 years older
Education: Bachelor degree
Occupation: Civil servant
Important conditions: personality > values > finances

Ideal Wife
Height: 163.4 cm
Annual salary: 43.28 million won
Assets: 197.61 million won
Age difference: 2.6 years younger
Education: Bachelor degree
Occupation: Civil servant
Important conditions: personality > values > looks

Source: Wikitree via Instagram

1. [+57] I'll just live by myself, I wish the rest of you a happy life

2. [+36] You're never going to get married if you don't differentiate between dramas and real life. And in order for a civil servant to be making 57 million won a year, they're going to have to be at least middle-aged

3. [+23] So civil servants who make at least 3.4 million won a month... I don't think any of them are going to get married in their twenties then

4. [+18] What kind of civil servant is making 50 million won a year at age 33? ㅋㅋ

5. [+6] ㅋㅋㅋ How old do you have to be to fulfill all these income requirements off a civil servant job? ㅋㅋ I guess you won't be getting married until your fifties ㅋㅋ these numbers just don't add up ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+3] You could be making 80 million a year and still be turned down just because you're not a civil servant ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+1] Well, these are ideal conditions after all. No one is perfect in this world, we all just strive to be.

8. [+1] How can anyone get married with such high standards? ㅋㅋ

-

Source: Naver

1. [+2,144, -15] A civil servant cannot make that salary at a marriage appropriate age

2. [+1,372, -9] You guys are a joke

3. [+556, -16] And this is why our marriage and birth rates are so low. A person who graduates from a 4 year college and finishes all the prep work to become a 9th level civil servant, they'll be 28 already... I guess marriage won't be on the table for them until mid-forties then.

4. [+462, -6] I'd maybe have that much saved by my mid forties ㅋㅋㅋ let's all just live single lives

5. [+350, -14] If you're waiting for any civil servant to save up 300 million won, you're never going to get married

6. [+137, -12] I'm a civil servant making 58 million won a year ㅋㅋ but I'm 47 years old... it took me 15 years to get to this point. I got married when I was making 18 million won a year. I'm living just fine now, though~~

7. [+125, -2] None of these specs matter before marriage. The real causes of fights and problems in marriage stem from differing food preferences, division of household chores, personality, in-laws, etc... 

8. [+98, -9] I guess living alone is the only answer

-