What are the most used apps by Koreans? #1 isn't Katalk

Article: We thought the 'national app' was Katalk.. but 83% use 'this' for 30 hours a month

Source: Korea Econ via Naver

Surveys showed that out of the entire population, YouTube ranked as the #1 most used app for an average of 30 hours a month, followed by Katalk (12 hours), Facebook (11.7 hours), Naver (10 hours), and Instagram (7.5 hours).

1. [+3,422, -30] I don't watch TV anymore because I'm always watching YouTube

2. [+539, -87] It's unfair to compare Katalk to YouTube because Katalk is something you only pull up to respond to something. I think the most used apps in our country still have to be Katalk and Naver.

3. [+144, -2] I really can't stand watching TV anymore because it's so boring ㅋㅋ especially all the boring variety shows on public broadcast

4. [+45, -0] Lately I've been considering getting rid of my cable and just subscribing to YouTube premium and Netflix

5. [+45, -9] I don't really use Katalk that much lately either other than to respond to messages. Even then, I prefer using regular text messages.

6. [+27, -1] YouTube is more fun than anything on TV lately

7. [+19, -1] Katalk has become known as the app that your bosses and co-workers use to abuse your time, which is probably why they came out with a separate business version. Just hearing the ringtone 'katalk' pisses me off.

8. [+12, -0] YouTube really is huge, isn't it. Nowadays, children mostly watch videos online and barely read comic books too. Reading is so important for development so I think we should consider that for the sake of our future.

9. [+9, -2] My kids take online lessons through YouTube too. Hoping that next year, they'll be able to learn in person at school with their teachers ㅡㅡ

10. [+7, -1] It doesn't feel fair to compare YouTube and Katalk. One is something that you watch, the other is something you chat on... how can the user time be comparable at all? 

11. [+6, -0] You can get all your drama, news, and sp[orts on YouTube... no point in watching TV anymore

-