Singer Jang Jae In seeks to help others by sharing her painful experience of assault

Article: Jang Jae In's brave confession, "I was sexually assaulted at 18, they were a themself"

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate

1. [+2,107, -31] Find strength!!!! I hope that only good things happen to you so that you can forget all about your painful memories...

2. [+1,683, -18] What happened to you wasn't your fault. I have respect for your bravery in speaking up.

3. [+669, -8] What in the world... to have your twenties ruined because of one evil man... I know she'll never get those years back but I hope she finds strength for more happiness in her thirties and forties~ Please don't forget that we support you

4. [+610, -11] Thank you for being brave enough to speak up. I know that you'll inspire strength in the people who are still suffering no matter if 10 or 20 years have passed. Pay no mind to any hate comments. Please fill your days with good people, good words, and good music.

5. [+400, -6] You are a strong and beautiful person. I'll always support better days for you!

6. [+174, -10] He's a criminal. Just see him for who he is. He was an animal. His history does not excuse his actions. I don't know that a kind person such as yourself can understand the mind of someone like that. I wish you happiness.

7. [+112, -2] Anyone who commits such a crime and then tries to shamelessly claim that they were a victim too is only saying it to help themselves sleep better at night. 

8. [+73, -2] Usually criminals are good at cosplaying as victims... they try to manipulate a woman's sense of sympathy... Criminals are just that, criminals...

9. [+71, -1] I can think of at least 10 different instances of sexual harassment throughout my childhood... I think all women carry one or two experiences with them in their lives... from someone who groped me in broad daylight... to other things that women choose to stay silent on. Just too much...

10. [+67, -1] I, too, experienced it from someone who claimed to be my English tutor when I was in 6th grade ㅠ I've carried that painful experience until now, and it's not something that time can heal. Reading this makes me sad. I wish you happiness in your days.

-