Former 1TYM member Song Baek Kyung petitioned off of KBS radio show due to past controversial remarks on Sewol Ferry




Article: Song Baek Kyung loses KBS radio host role after 9,000 petition against him

Source: Media Today via Naver

Due to his past controversies involving his remarks on the Sewol Ferry ("With the Sewol Ferry accident, the country made up new laws to compensate the victims' families in the millions while military personnel who have lost their limbs while protecting our country are forced to treat themselves out of their own money. I can't believe I live in such a sh*tty country...) as well as a history of drunk driving.

1. [+11,719, -685] But what he said was right. How does it make sense that retired military personnel are forced to treat themselves out of their own money? ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+3,018, -238] What he said was right... I think if there was a petition to keep him on the radio, there would've been more supporters.

3. [+1,174, -44] I understand signing the petition for his history of drunk driving but isn't his statement on the Sewol Ferry right? Isn't it weird that a soldier who was injured on the job is forced to treat himself out of his own money while the Sewol Ferry incident is being treated by the country's money? I'm sure a lot of people would like to ask me if I could say the same if my own family member was on the ferry but what if a soldier who lost his leg was your own family member? Do you think that's fair? It's fair to petition him for his drnk driving but it seems unfair to add his statement on the Sewol Ferry to his list of wrongdoings.

4. [+546, -24] I definitely feel bad for the lives lost on the Sewol Ferry but I feel sickened by the people who have used it for political reasons. Frankly speaking, the people on the ferry did not die for our country. Song Baek Kyung is right in that our treatment of injured veterans is worse. The hypocrisy of politicians who wear the yellow ribbon on their suits or have stickers on their cars still makes me sick.

5. [+226, -23] I'm not a conservative or a liberal but I think his statement on the Sewol Ferry is right so I'm not sure why that's seen as controversial...

-

Source: Naver

1. [+5,196, -116] Why is such a statement seen as problematic??? He's not being negative about the Sewol Ferry, he's just saying how unfair it is compared to the conditions our military personnel are under. What's the issue??

2. [+3,603, -58] Song Baek Kyung spoke nothing but the truth

3. [+1,087, -34] He spoke the truth. Can someone point out where in his statement he was putting down the victims of the Sewol Ferry??

4. [+949, -20] Are opinions like that not allowed in a democratic country anymore?

5. [+306, -5] Uh, isn't he right, though? I'm a woman in my thirties and I agree with him completely. Why is he being criticized for that? How does it make sense that soldiers who were injured protecting our country are treating themselves with their own money? The country should be responsible for all fees for the rest of their lives... I have one younger brother that I've sent to the army but... I'll admit that soldiers receive poor care in the system. It's called a duty but let's call it for what it is, the country forcibly taking a family's son away... I don't mean to rank the dead but I think the treatment of injured soldiers should take priority over the Sewol Ferry victims.

-