'All the Butlers' being sued by Irvine residents for filming without consent


Article: 'All the Butlers' visited Shin Ae Ra's home in LA... now hit with a 1.6 billion won lawsuit

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Naver

Residents of Tustin and Irvine, California are suing the producers and cast for filming without consent, trespassing private property, damage to property, and violation of traffic laws. 120 residents of the town have signed a petition as well.

1. [+9,361, -42] Korean cameramen are notorious for never letting civilians cross the street without being told "hey, we're filming here". Looks like they took those same habits all the way to the States. Why are you tainting our country's image like this? They better pay the price for their actions this time.

2. [+3,275, -31] Some cameramen think they're kings once they get a camera in their hands. Why would you do this in a place where it's illegal to film? What an international embarrassment, sigh.

3. [+2,766, -28] I can already see how they were acting... these cameramen get so arrogant for just having a camera in their hands..

4. [+2,478, -21] Koreans are too lenient with this stuff. They'll let cameramen shove their cameras in their faces and record people who have nothing to do with the show and still won't complain about it. I did not consent to being filmed there!!!

5. [+1,180, -24] How could they not know that American laws are different from Korea's... they embarrassed us there

6. [+1,024, -3] I seriously can't stand it when cameramen block off roads and don't let anyone cross it. I have a legal right to be able to cross that road. I don't even care about whatever celebrity is filming there. It's my privacy right that's being violated when I'm filmed without my consent, and yet these cameramen are so arrogant with their road blocks, treating everyone like they're some crazed fangirl who's only there to see the celebrities. It's annoying and offensive. Who will compensate me for my time when I have to turn around and take another road????

7. [+930, -7] I knew cameramen had something like this coming. I remember there was a drama filming in my town and there were some female students checking it out and some staff member would take all their phones and delete their pictures. Someone older person defended the students and they arrogantly replied back, "Can you handle being sued for copyright infringement then?"... Pfft, these people act like they're gods just for being on set.

8. [+688, -2] Looks like the cameramen tried their same tricks over there... "we're filming, you can't pass by here~~ please stay quiet~~ hey, turn your phone off!! Man, what're you doing!! I said we're filming!!!" Koreans should start suing film sets for this stuff too, seriously...

9. [+455, -3] I can already tell what happened. A lot of movies and dramas are shot in my town and it's just... a mess. They all act so high and mighty... "hey, we're filming here~", yells at anyone who tries to look, blocks off paths... Did they really think that type of behavior would work in the US?

-