SSAK3 is sweeping the charts but at what cost to the music industry?


Article: SSAK3 craze pushes out even the originals like Koyote and Zaza... the music industry is 'bitter'

Source: Korea Ilbo via Naver

Article talks about how the music industry is already saturated with K-Pop idol singers and trot singers, and the addition of a temporary group like SSAK3 supported by a hugely popular variety show leave little room for singers from smaller agencies. One agency rep siad, "Unless you're an idol singer, it's difficult for a singer of even considerable popularity to make it on a music program. It honestly does make me feel hopeless to see a group with the full support of a variety show get opportunities to go on stage."

1. [+4,452, -152] Can we just stop it with the trot, though? It's all I hear these days~~~~~

2. [+2,832, -192] I'm already frustrated that all you see on TV nowadays is trot shows so I find SSAK3 a refreshing change

3. [+1,966, -55] They're only here for the summer season anyway, it feels a bit exaggerated to say they're making any negative impact on the music industry

4. [+1,146, -62] I'm into SSAK3 these days because I'm sick of all the trot. I change the channel whenever trot comes on.

5. [+712, -81] It's a group made for fun, it's a bit much to say they're doing this and that to the industry, no?

6. [+620, -5] But Lee Hyori and Rain are singers in their own right, what's with the gatekeeping? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+335, -14] Sure, the group has Yoo Jae Suk, but Leee Hyori and Rain as well. I'd rather see those two than nugu trot singers getting onto every show off of their trot show popularities. I'm so tired of these trot singers.

8. [+326, -13] I mean, how could you not be sweeping the charts when you have Lee Hyori, Rain, and Yoo Jae Suk in one group?

9. [+272, -8] Nowadays, when you turn on the TV, all you see are variety shows banking off of 'Mister Trot' popularity... I'm so tired of it, I just change the channel. Who cares if this group will only be around temporarily? People are jealous that they don't have better songs to compete on the charts with.

10. [+224, -5] So it was okay for trot to completely take over the TV channels but now that SSAK3 is sweeping the charts, it's a problem...?! I'm so sick of trot, I'd rather they all be taken off...

-