Gucci's two Korean designers chosen to model their designs


Article: Gucci's two Korean designers stand as models too

Source: Chosun Ilbo via Naver

1. [+523, -105] They look Chinese

2. [+386, -18] Shows how unneeded luxury goods are

3. [+314, -29] I'm so proud that they are designers for a brand like Gucci. I'm sure it was meaningful to them to be able to model their own designs like this. I've always wondered who was behind all the designs and now I know~ very cool of the two~

3. [+155, -9] I'm not trying to criticize their looks but... this feels a bit much. Just because I wear whatever GD wears doesn't mean I turn into GD. If anything, it'd be a minus to my style.

4. [+89, -3] Let's leave the modeling to the professionals

5. [+50, -7] Now foreigners are going to think all Koreans look like them. Faces like theirs aren't even common over here.

6. [+35, -2] Is this some ridicule on Asians?

7. [+35, -4] I think the western industry is set up so that actually pretty Koreans are barred from making it any further... If you look at all of the popular Korean actors in the American industry, their faces all look like Mulan... It's as if westerners are trying to brainwash everyone into thinking that's what Koreans look like so they only promote people with busted faces... small, wide-spaced eyes, protruding cheekbones, big jaws. These are the features they've determined are the only Asian features allowed and they refuse to acknowledge any face who deviates from it.

8. [+23, -2] Just shows that luxury is not needed. Any pretty face can wear a $5 piece and shine, while Choi Soon Shil can dress herself in Hermes and still look like crap. No point in obsessing over luxury brands.

9. [+13, -3] Gucci sold their soul to greed and have become the uniform of the Chinese

10. [+5, -0] I guess models really are a needed profession...

-