Subway riders complain about Red Velvet's subway announcements


Article: "Donation of talent" vs "Don't want to hear it"... mixed reactions to Red Velvet's subway announcement recording

Source: SBS via Nate

Subway complaint board posts: "I don't want to listen to their voices, and the subway has lost credibility", "Please improve the subway environment instead of spending money on things like this", "I'm sick and tired of hearing this", "People have become sensitive with the coronavirus issues and it makes me uncomfortable to hear the voice of a celebrity who makes more than me"... to which other netizens replied, "People get triggered over anything", "With how hot the days have become under face masks, listening to Joy and Seulgi's voices on the announcements improve my mood", "I listen to it every day on my way to work and haven't thought much of it"

1. [+1,972, -188] I don't get the point of this. There are already recordings made by voice actors, why not use that? I don't get the point of this 'donation'. It's not for public service or anything. Aren't the point of 'donations' to be put to where it is needed or lacking?

2. [+1,847, -212] I can't stand this more than the EXO airplane announcements. Such a drop in class.

3. [+1,033, -111] As if anyone is feeling a change of mood from listening to their voices

4. [+178, -29] Can we please just keep announcements in public spaces to the voice actors? The subway is not some hang out spot. This is such an unneeded addition.

5. [+155, -15] Isn't the point of donating your talent to donate something you're good at? They're not anchorwomen. I don't get why a girl group is putting out subway announcements. Of course people are not going to want to listen to that.

6. [+132, -7] Do you know why a voice actor is a voice actor? Because they know how to match their voice to the mood of the situation and environment. Having to listen to a voice that's not a fit for the environment totally ruins the atmosphere. It makes me want to shut my ears.

7. [+121, -10] They play it way too often too

8. [+116, -13] SM has always been notorious for sticking their nose everywhere

9. [+107, -7] After listening to Joy's announcement... I've come to feel grateful for the talent of voice actors. It made me realize that they were speaking in a voice that was considerate of subway riders.

10. [+93, -2] It's also annoying that they play it so loudly..

11. [+62, -6] Of course people don't want it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+60, -16] Red Velvet isn't even a group that represents our country, I don't get why they were given this job. I'd understand if it was BTS since it could be fun for the foreigners.. ㅋ but it's surprising to randomly hear Red Velvet like that ㅋㅋ

13. [+50, -3] First of all, no talent was donated ㅋ

-