Cosmic Girls' Dawon to take a break to treat her anxiety


Article: Cosmic Girls' reps, "Dawon diagnosed with anxiety disorder, temporarily halt promos" (official statement)

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+321, -4] Yes, it's better to take a break than to force yourself to work when you're struggling

2. [+233, -4] Find strength

3. [+151, -0] It's a really scary disorder... I used to have it too and it really felt like I was going to die and that my family was going to die, everything just felt so sad and depressing... I couldn't sleep at night... Sometimes I'd be driving and I'd suddenly feel like the truck on the opposite side was going to hit me so I'd pull over. I got better after I started getting treatment... I hope people are helping her through it ㅠㅠ

4. [+18, -0] What is going on in Starship?

5. [+18, -3] These kids start training at such a young age and are pitted against each other, constantly competing and comparing themselves. Then they debut but they're under constant pressure and caution from the public because every action has the potential for misunderstanding. They're constantly criticized for smiling too much, not smiling enough, gaining too much weight, losing too much weight, for being ugly without plastic surgery, for being a plastic monster with surgery, for not having enough presence in the group, for acting up on variety shows... I doubt the average person could mentally withstand the pressure of being an idol. I hope her agency is taking care of her and she's able to get through this.

6. [+14, -0] Even your average office worker suffers from anxiety, panic, and depression... I can't imagine the pressure from a job where everyone is looking at you. Take a deep rest and get the treatment you need.

7. [+9, -1] Health comes first

8. [+9, -2] No more hate comments

9. [+8, -0] It's hard getting through life as a celebrity in a country as crazed as ours. I understand.

10. [+4, -0] Take a good break...! I hope working conditions improve for celebrities.

-