TV: [Spoilers!!!] Sky Castle (Finale)


Article: Finale 'Sky Castle' everyone lives happily... the ideal happy ending

Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+1,394, -35] What is this feeling... Feels like the drama was about Yum Jung Hwa from episodes 1-19 and then the ending was just all Lee Tae Ran...

2. [+1,343, -29] Let's at least admit that the drama from episodes 1-19 was the best. I'll miss Agal Mihyang nuna.

3. [+958, -25] I enjoyed the drama... I hope there are more dramas like this in the future~~

4. [+129, -12] The drama was full of so much suspense and spectacle and then the ending was just about everyone becoming so innocent? I almost think it would've been better if the ending was left at the last scene of last week's episode with the conversation between Kim Seo Hyung and Yum Jung Ah in jail... an open ending. When Ki Joon threw his test papers up in the air, I laughed out loud because it was a scene straight out of a 90s teen drama.

5. [+111, -9] I choose to only remember 'Sky Castle' up until the 19th episode!

6. [+109, -1] I think the scriptwriter got pissed about all the script leaks... she chose to ruin the episode that should've been our happiest moment.

7. [+95, -0] The true winner in this drama is the student who was ranked #4 in that school... #1, 2, 3 all dropped out of the school...

8. [+94, -1] I struggled with taking the drama seriously when the twins threw their test papers in the air and ran to Woojoo ^^!

9. [+87, -1] I think the last scene is saying that our society is on a repeat of evil

10. [+79, -5] It's not that I don't like a happy ending, I just think it felt out of place

11. [+72, -4] I don't hate that it was a happy ending but I felt like I was watching an hour long ad;;;;;;; just a bunch of random scenes thrown together without connection

12. [+71, -7] If the leaked spoilers were true, then I think the scriptwriter decided to change it up because the spoilers were so tragic and shocking... and she'd rather the drama leave a positive lesson to the viewers. Not that it's wrong but the final episode felt like such a disconnect from the previous episodes, which was disappointing. I do wonder if the viewers would've been able to handle the depressing spoiler ending... I'm personally disappointed in the last episode but I think the producers did their best in wrapping it up.

13. [+59, -7] The last episode was the most boring ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It suddenly felt like a public broadcast drama

-


Source: Nate

1. [+604, -23] It felt less like a happy ending and more like a repetition of evils

2. [+558, -23] Why are there so many comments thinking Kim Joo Young is back? She left and the final scene was just trying to show that there are more coordinators like her who are continuing the evil cycle of college admissions;

3. [+87, -2] It felt weird to see even Kang Joon Sang's mother transform so drastically like that. They should've left at least a few characters true to their original characters for better reality.

4. [+74, -1] The last scene wasn't saying that Kim Joo Young was back but that there aer still more like her out there and that the cycle continues

5. [+59, -1] The drama was really realistic up till the 19th episode, even if it was about the lives of the 1%. The last episode was truly the least realistic. What high school in the world would allow their students to throw their papers and skip class like that? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+56, -0] That damn bonjuk ad ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+50, -3] I think the new neighbor and showing Kim Joo Young at the end shows that the cycle will continue to repeat itself. I remember someone saying that the 20th episode felt like it was written by TVXQ's Yunho ㅋㅋ the most happygoing, wholesome ending ever. It was hard to adjust to such a tone shift after watching such legendary episodes all along.

8. [+47, -0] Someone also asked if Lee Soo-Im wrote the last episode...... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+39, -5] It was so cringe and childish when Kijoon threw his test papers in the air

10. [+37, -2] The drama has been so perfect all along that I don't want to say anything mean ㅜ but I will admit that the last episode ruined it ㅜㅜㅋㅋ This wasn't a drama that I was expecting a happy ending out of ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

11. [+35, -6] The drama has been so charismatic all along and then the last episode turned it into some happy go lucky public broadcast drama ㅋㅋ everyone's nice and everyone's happy ㅋ

12. [+30, -4] Way too many cringey scenes in the last episode

-


Source: Naver

1. [+2,893, -51] Episode 19 was the final episode for me

2. [+1,896, -34] It makes me sad that there needed to be a sacrifice for everyone to find happiness and that sacrifice happened to be the least privileged character of the show, Hyena

3. [+1,673, -48] For how much the drama had the viewers wrapped around its finger for 19 episodes long... it was disappointing to see the last episode so boring and predictable.

4. [+734, -26] Yes, it was a happy ending for the mothers and fathers of Sky Castle to realize what's important in life, I just feel bad for Hyena for being the sacrifice

5. [+627, -21] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Woojoo dropping out of school to travel in Europe, Seri making money clubbing while technically being a criminal, Yeseo self-studying after being expelled... these are all things that were only possible because they're from rich families. All of these outcomes would've been impossible if they were poor. Watching the ending actually makes me realize how important it is to be at the top of the pyramid ^^

6. [+469, -6] I'd say the drama would still be considered a happy ending up till the 19th episode. Then the last episode with the sudden appearance of Gaeul as the caretaker at the facility... just way too much of a happy ending for me.

7. [+437, -10] Sky Castle's conclusion: be born into a rich family so you get to do whatever you want

8. [+412, -9] A good drama is only as good as its last episode... and I'd say this ending makes the drama a failure. The drama started off with such provocative content like the suicide in the beginning and thne all of the characters became so reformed in the 19th and 20th episodes with a bunch of PPL thrown in ㅋㅋㅋ I even wondered if this was the same scriptwriter. What happened to the ending??

9. [+350, -1] I still remember the shock of watching the first episode ㅠㅠ all that snow, the sound of the gun shot!!! and then "we all lie~" playing in the background... Such a theatric scene... and now the drama's become just another teen drama ㅠㅠㅠ

10. [+337, -5] Why did a less privileged character have to be the sacrifice for the privileged characters to reform themselves? ㅋㅋㅋ Woojoo claims he wants to explore himself but all he's doing is spending his parent's money to vacation in Europe. What did Hyena die for in the end?

11. [+300, -4] The vibe that the drama has been carrying for 19 episodes long was completely shattered in the last episode. I wondered if this was even the same drama. I don't hate that it's a happy ending, I hate that the drama became sooooo different. I wanted to turn the TV off when the kids threw their papers in the air and ran out. I cannot believe that it was the same scriptwriter who wrote this.

12. [+218, -8] Lee Soo-Im's character felt the least realistic in the show... and then every character became Lee Soo-Im in the last episode...

13. [+134, -1] The ending lacked so much steam. Maybe because everyone was too aware of the spoilers going around... People just don't change that easily and yet all the characters were reborn into completely new people. Hyena's death basically gave the drama four extra episodes than it needed...

14. [+134, -10] I didn't understand why Woojoo dropped out... If I were him, I would've studied my brains out just to avenge Hyena's death.

15. [+126, -7] I honestly think the spoiler that said Yeseo is Kim Eun Hye's daughter and Hyena is Han Seo Jin's daughter would make a better ending than this... what even was this ending? a coming of age drama?

16. [+120, -7] It really took only a moment to go from a top drama to a flop

17. [+110, -0] Professor Cha's family was too cringe today

18. [+88, -3] I think a tragic ending would've cemented the drama as a piece of work and better delivered the message the scriptwriter was trying to convey

19. [+84, -3] The drama helped me realize that the privileged can drop out of school and still live happy lives

20. [+80, -1] I honestly think the leaked spoilers were true and the scriptwriter was in a rush to edit everything, which is why the ending is what it is... Should've just kept with the spoiled ending.

-

Source: Naver

1. [+9,395, -600] So damn boring ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and what was that scene at the end with the students skipping class together?

2. [+7,430, -178] Ah, what was that scene where they threw their papers in the air... It was so cringe, I couldnt' stand to watch it...

3. [+5,376, -129] Why not just end it at the 19th episode if the ending was going to be like this....

4. [+3,884, -182] Ugh... that last scene where the students skip class ruined everything for me... I really loved this drama and I'm sick of it now

5. [+2,944, -8] The last episode's biggest shock was Assistant Jo's hair style in his flashback

6. [+2,000, -10] Even Yeseo's grandmother became nicer ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+1,876, -13] Did the scriptwriter get switched out for the last episode?

8. [+1,581, -26] Say it isn't so ㅜㅜ What happened to the scriptwriter, is she in jail with Kim Joo Young... what is this boringness

-