Eugene tears up over Korea's worsening air quality issue


Article: Eugene tears up as a mom, "Rohee asks me to check the air quality before going out"

Source: Segye Ilbo via Nate

"Before we go out, Rohee asks me to check the air quality outside on my smartphone. I don't remember worrying about such things when I was little."

1. [+947, -28] My 5 year old daughter always asks me to check the app too. "Mom, is the air good today?" Sigh... And when it rains, she told me, "Mom, the cars must be happy to have all the dust washed away". When the app says the air quality is bad, she gets all sad because she can't play outside. Don't have kids, guys. Everything's a problem right now, even the air we breathe.

2. [+814, -18] Rohee grew up to be so smart. I feel so worried and sad for the kids who are growing up with this fine dust issue.

3. [+748, -10] Why does our country have to suffer because of China..

4. [+41, -10] Even my own 5 year old daughter will say things like, "The dust must be bad today~~~ I guess I can't play outside" when the mountains outside our window look blurry. I really wish our government will find a solution to this!

5. [+30, -1] I'm more scared that we don't know what type of airborne illness will spread through the fine dust

6. [+26, -1] Back when we were little, face masks were just something you wore when it was cold or you were sick... now it's something we have to have stocked up at home...

7. [+19, -1] Never in my life did I think I'd have to worry about the air.. sigh, I remember watching a movie where clean air was so scarce that they had to buy it separately.. we might end up like that ㅠㅠ

8. [+18, -4] My 5 year old son asks me the same thing when he wakes up every morning ㅜㅜ I feel so, so sorry to him. This is the only child I'm choosing to have and I recommend my friends not to have kids unless they can immigrate away. If I knew the air would be this bad, I never would've given birth to my child.

9. [+13, -0] When I was little, I ran around the mountains and played around my town all day long with fresh air all year long... I'd shower and let myself air dry with the refreshing wind... can't believe kids these days don't know that kind of life. At an age where they should be running outside to their heart's content...

10. [+13, -0] China's fine dust problem... Japan's radioactivity... Korea's suffering in the middle of it all

-