Jo Kwon defends himself from discriminatory comment on his SNS


Article: Jo Kwon criticizes comment discriminating against sexual minorities... "Did they affect your life at all?"

Source: Asia Econ via Nate

Jo Kwon: "Whether I'm that side or this side, what's the problem? Am I a member of that side if I go that side? Hello, this is 2018. Did I negatively affect your life in any way? There are all sorts of people who look one way, with personalities that way, with preferences this way... a wide variety of people who are all deserving of love. You should learn to respect people at a basic level."

-

1. [+2,081, -248] Well he's not wrong...

2. [+1,454, -192] Jo Kwon-ah, just file a lawsuit against the hate comments. You have to push strong so that they don't come back again.

3. [+154, -51] We have a right to not like gays if we don't want to...

4. [+148, -28] Excuse me... Jo Kwon-ssi... why don't you think they affect us? My taxes are what's paying for the treatment expenses of gay aids patients. By your logic, should we not penalize people who smoke marijauna because it "doesn't affect us"? It's within our freedom to hate gays if we want to, why are you trying to restrict that? It's 2018, I can hate them or like them if I want. It's not like I'm trying to penalize them for anything...

5. [+136, -61] Something's suspicious about him...

6. [+125, -36] No, we are affected. Our taxes  are being paid for the treatment of gay aids. Is that enough for you?

7. [+110, -17] Obviously Jo Kwon is on their side if he's speaking on their behalf like this... Just come out already.

8. [+96, -43] Jo Kwon? Are you...?

9. [+64, -25] So I'm not allowed to criticize something if it doesn't affect my life? I'm not allowed to criticize serial killer Jo Doo Soon just because he hasn't affected my life?

10. [+55, -4] Isn't this basically his coming out?

-