The difficulty of understanding celebrity struggles


Article: "The assumption that celebrities have it easy" Suzy and G-Dragon share their real feelings

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate

Suzy: "I understand that being happy is the answer and that I should be extremely happy with myself right now but I think the fact that there's no equation to happiness makes it harder for me. When I receive a trophy or am congratulated on something, I should be happy and not know what to do with myself but instead I think, 'Why am I so calm?'. I try to look for things that make me happy. It's a bit scary that I can't be free from the views of others or what they say about me."


G-Dragon: (from his tour trailer with the MRI showing health issues) "It's not like I want my health to be bad. It makes no sense to tell me to not be so unhealthy when I'm working this many schedules. You get sick in the head. Sometimes having to wear the clothes of G-Dragon feels so heavy."



-

1. [+4,286, -78] You want to change jobs with me then?

2. [+4,199, -71] Shall we share our own pains of life too?

3. [+3,152, -58] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+405, -4] The credit card you swipe for the bill at the luxury Chungdam lounge bar you drank it can pay for two years of someone's college tuition. The watch GD wears on his wrist can feed a family of 4 in Seoul for 15 years. If you had to compare a life with too much money and fame to a life where living every day is a struggle in its own, who has it harder? If you have a lot of money, you can hire professionals to listen to your mental and emotional struggles. If you don't have money, you have no where to turn to for help. No one even wants to listen to you. "Everyone has their own struggles don't compare"? Yeah, of course even people like Bill Gates have their own struggles and worries but who in this world lives a 100% care free life? It might be cruel to some people because "celebrities are humans too" but the rest of us are living under 100, 1,000 more cruel conditions than them.

5. [+379, -6] Please don't say these things when you earn more money than you deserve

6. [+348, -4] At least you don't know the struggle of having to calculate your credit card bill for the next month just because you ordered an extra side of fried chicken with your black bean noodles for dinner...

7. [+303, -4] Let's admit it, they do have it easy... especially with an income the rest of us can only dream of.

8. [+299, -2] Then try working on minimum wage. Make all their TV appearances minimum wage by the hour.

9. [+290, -7] We're letting these clowns get away with too much with so little talent or contribution. They think all the money they're making off of their images make them leaders of societies or something.

10. [+271, -7] Suzy-ya, if it's so hard, you can retire and go work at the restaurant your parents run

11. [+251, -4] Then quit? But oh yeah, you don't want that either

12. [+222, -8] It comes with the property of being able to make a type of income that the rest of us couldn't even dream of touching.

13. [+179, -6] Then quit and donate all the money you've made so far and go back to starting life as a normal civilian. But you don't want to do that, right?

14. [+169, -3] Can we please set wage limits on celebrities and pay them by the hour ㅋㅋ so they stop whining like this ㅋㅋㅋ I understand it's tough to train to get to the position they're in now but they also make more money than they could ever deserve ㅋㅋㅋ You have people to dress you, do your hair and make up ㅋㅋ all you have to do is sleep while your manager's up front driving you around ㅋㅋ

15. [+160, -2] Suzy, the fact that you even have the free time to wonder about "what makes you happy" is happiness in itself ㅋㅋ

-