Can Go Ara prove her acting chops with her new drama?



Article: Go Ara, back on the table... her fate as an actress depends on the success of 'Black'

Source: Sports Donga via Nate

1. [+722, -52] I thought her acting was improving with 'Reply' but she's back to where she was. I don't think her acting is improving much at all.

2. [+569, -95] She got the benefit of being under SM with her bad acting skills while fixing her face up here and there... I honestly don't see her making it ever.

3. [+522, -47] I've been skipping her work ever her SM days. Not only are SM's idols bad at acting but even their actor line like Lee Yeon Hee are all so bad. Go Ara only landed her lead roles because of SM's power. Now that she's on her own, I doubt she can even land a cable lead.

4. [+62, -0] The 'Reply' directors must be amazing... even Hyeri seemed decent on 'Reply' but blah on anything else...

5. [+55, -0] I remember a past comment describing her as a flower without a scent. I understand what they mean now.

6. [+52, -15] Both her and Song Seung Hun have amazing visuals but their voice and facial expressions just aren't fit for acting.

7. [+51, -2] She's so odd ㅋㅋ super pretty face but she has no charm when she acts... Her face alone is so mysteriously pretty but when she acts, that aura disappears... She's better off as a model than an actor.

8. [+46, -4] I suspect this will be a battle of who's the worse actor, Song Seung Hun or Go Ara

9. [+45, -3] Go Ara's bad but I'm skipping this just because Song Seung Hun is bad too

10. [+38, -0] Song Seung Hun as the male lead... Go Ara as the female lead... two leads with controversial acting skills ㅋㅋㅋ aren't we past the age where actors get lead roles just for having pretty/handsome faces?

-