Will Park Bogum's religion controversy affect his career?



Article: Park Bogum's religion controversy continues to hold him down

Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver

1. [+550, -39] I don't think it's right for him to promote a cult religion on SNS like that. That's actually really thoughtless... I saw kids tweeting about how they were going to go, ridiculous

2. [+502, -31] He must be really stubborn since he still hasn't deleted the tweet...

3. [+403, -36] Cult

4. [+297, -20] Aigoo... I didn't find out until now...

5. [+292, -24] Omo... tsk tsk

6. [+228, -11] It's upsetting that he's under controversy now when he worked so hard to earn the fame he has now... but you have to consider that this is a cult religion that believes in and frauds people into believing in fixing sick people with supernatural forces. It's wrong of him to promote a fraud religion like that ㅠ I saw a video of their believers pretending to shoot 'supernatural wind' at a sick person to cure them... I'm just dumbfounded at the number of young kids who have replied to his tweet saying they're attending.

7. [+205, -10] I've noticed that people who are into cults will not be swayed by anyone unless they realize it themselves. Park Bogum has not reached that stage yet... he's been indoctrinated at such a young age already.

8. [+170, -9] There's no hope once you believe in a cult... What a shame. Why would he dig his own grave?

-

Article: 'Religion controversy' Park Bogum, even his name was given to him by his own pastor

Source: Star Today via Nate

1. [+218, -8] To be so close to the pastor that he was named by him at birth... that's quite a history there ㅠㅠ I doubt anyone can convince him otherwise at this point... what a shame.

2. [+194, -14] It's not that I suddenly don't like him anymore... I'm just worried for him.

3. [+123, -9] His handsome face suddenly doesn't look so handsome anymore

4. [+18, -0] Netizens can call it a cult all we want but he's already passed the point where he'll listen to reason

5. [+15, -1] I guess people can't be perfect after all... but I do worry for him

6. [+11, -0] His pastor himself is a highly controversial figure... I'm not religious myself but I believe that religion should be about following a god, not a pastor, and it seems Park Bogum is following his pastor more than his god;;;

7. [+8, -1] He was born into this religion, you can't expect him to just wake up one morning... This is why I'm against exposing children to religion since birth. Religion should be freedom of choice.

8. [+7, -3] I wonder if his pastor is trying to use his fame?? I'm always cautious of cult religions... I'm so worrie dfor Bogum

-