Article: Akdong Musician's Lee Chanhyuk under misogyny controversy... why?
Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate
He captioned a photo with himself, his sister, and Red Velvet with four roses and one wilted rose, which some netizens interpreted as him referring to his sister as the wilted rose. Some recommended that he read more books on feminism in Korea where women often referred to as flowers (decorative products who exist for the purpose of looking pretty and quiet).
The initial comments said:
"Akdong Musician's Chanhyuk needs to be gifted books on feminism. I hope he reads them before his enlistment. One of the more urgent books he needs to read is this one: 'We are not flowers, we are voices'"
"Isn't it about time that we stopped referring to women as flowers? Chanhyuk-ah... why are you a human being and the women in your photos just flowers?"
"Chanhyuk himself knew that it had become controversial and deleted the picture. Our comments were for naught if he realized his mistake and what was so wrong about it."
1. [+3,877, -61] Normally siblings tease each other like this, there's nothing misogynistic about it ㅡㅡ
2. [+3,440, -57] All this fuss over nothing
3. [+3,434, -59] What, so he can't even joke around with his dongsaeng anymore?
4. [+169, -2] ㅋㅋ Wow, even I tease my nuna for being ugly all the time, am I a misogynist too?
5. [+146, -4] Idiots acting up over the littlest things again.. how do any of you function in real life?
6. [+94, -1] If Chanhyuk is considered a misogynist, then every oppa in Korea is one too
7. [+92, -5] Eh? Please stop making a fuss over nothing and distracting from the real issues of feminism
8. [+73, -5] As a fellow woman, this is embarrassing. I'll apologize on their behalf. I'm sorry.
9. [+57, -2] So many people with nothing better to do...
10. [+46, -3] Feminazis at it again...