Article: Junhee, daughter of the late Choi Jin Shil, expresses discomfort over Swings lyrics
Source: YTN via Nate
Actress Choi Jin Shil commit suicide in 2008, leaving behind two children, Hwanhee and Junhee. In the context of Swings' lyrics, 'Jin Shil' also means 'truth'.
The uncomfortable truth (jin shil)? You're all just Hwanhee and Junhee
There is no truth (jin shil), you're the only ones left
Junhee: I'm sorry and I know it's wrong to bring back something that happened in the past but it's my oppa and I who have to carry this wound for the rest of our lives. I don't understand why people tell us that it's all in the past. I don't watch 'High School Rapper' because of Swings and barely anything rap related because it makes me angry. When he apologized, it was more because he thought he didn't think it would hurt us and I was young then and didn't know better but thinking about it now, what he said about my family was so ridiculous, wouldn't you agree? Even if it happened in the past, I'm still angry and hurt over it. Asking us why we're still angry about it is being inconsiderate of the people his words actually hurt.
1. [+6,051, -20] Can we please keep this f*cker off of TV?
2. [+5,729, -19] How can you write lyrics like this about a mother who passed on... utter trash ㅡㅡ
3. [+4,859, -16] Tsk tsk... I'm so upset for them all because of Swings, aigoo!!!!!
4. [+443, -0] Please take his picture down, it's making me want to puke ㅠㅠ
5. [+395, -0] Wow I really never had any interest towards Swings but you'd have to be crazy to write lyrics like that and think it's okay? An apology is not enough. Words he spat out through that brainless head of his are words that will traumatize those two kids for the rest of their lives. Absolutely disgusting. Disgusting that he's allowed on TV to make money still. I'm so enraged by him.
6. [+371, -0] He took another's pain as laughing matter
7. [+352, -0] ㅋㅋ It's amazing... that those lyrics came from the head of a functioning adult...
8. [+238, -0] I don't know who this Swings guy is but his parents should've taught him better than to live life like this
9. [+186, -0] To all of you complaining that he apologized and let bygones be bygones, do you think an apology is enough to make up for the suffering that the children will have to carry for the rest of their lives? They'll have to live with the memories of these lyrics forever
10. [+145, -0] I know it's wrong to say this but he acts just as he looks... trash
11. [+137, -2] Junhee-ya, be the better person and let it go. It's because he's got a pig head with no brain.