Article: f(x)'s Amber shakes things up with another confessions on SNS "What more do I have to do"
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+118, -15] It used to be considered a lot for f(x) to promote one month out of the year and now they barely even promote once a year. When Amber was blowing up on variety shows, it wasn't because SM supported her but through Henry. She also produced her own songs and music videos and she should somehow be "grateful" to SM for that? How can SM dare to tell their own artist that they have no time for her or that she's not good enough yet?
2. [+107, -15] SM didn't even tell her to wait, they told her that she did all she could for someone 9 years into their career and that they no longer have any time for her. How would you feel if you heard that?
3. [+86, -9] Amber should stop being tortured by SM and start promoting with a new agency who will allow her to pursue the music that she wants. The fans are wanting that... we want her to be happy.
4. [+96, -14] All Amber has is one solo album, which she had to produce herself including the music video by taking taxis to and from. Her solo didn't hit daebak but it was in the top 30 on Melon and her title was #6 for three months. She's not a digital powerhouse but SM has no right to be telling her that they have no time for her when she achieved enough on her own as a solo already.
5. [+45, -0] Honestly as a fan I wanted her to hold it in and endure it for just a bit more but I know so very well that she's tried all that she could over these past few years and so I don't feel that it's right to ask her to wait any longer. She came to a country she didn't even know the language of in her teens just to pursue her dream and to be told now that you're not enough... of course she's going to have negative thoughts over that.
6. [+80, -12] SM needs to let her contract go. She's obviously only staying to protect f(x) but why make her stay and let SM block the future of someone with so much potential and talent? It's not news that SM has been treating f(x) to the backburner for a while now. Victoria has her own personal studio set up in China, Krystal is only doing dramas and pictorials, Luna has been doing MCing and musical work... Amber's a foreigner so there's a limit to how much work she can do and I don't think SM is going to change their stance anytime soon. All that's left for f(x) is disbandment ㅡㅡ
7. [+38, -0] The more you learn about SM, the more you realize they aren't as good of a company as you think. They're good for the first four years of your career but really bad long term!!
8. [+26, -0] At this point, a boycott against SM is necessary. f(x) is a popular group and is widely recognized for their physical album sales as well as sweeping the electronica charts. Why put up with this kind of treatment? During their hiatus, the members have had to promote on their own with barely any help from the agency. They were cast in their own shows through their own talents. Amber has even been releasing songs on her own through a personal YouTube channel. While their junior girl group had four comebacks, they only had one. How does that make sense?
1. [+197, -15] So she wants to be a singer-songwriter and director but SM won't let her... well maybe her quality isn't as good as she thinks it is? I notice a lot of people in music think their stuff is greater than it is
2. [+122, -28] Well that's what happens when you join a big agency and just do as they're told. At least YG takes talented kids and supports them from the side. Amber should just leave and look elsewhere.
4. [+31, -2] It's hard for her but what can you do... her agency's aim is to make money and I'm sure if she had something that they could make money off of, they'd let her pursue it...
5. [+27, -4] For some, joining a big company like SM is a dream... getting a debut stage is a dream, getting on public broadcast is a dream... Not just anyone gets to feature on Taeyeon's solo album, you know... don't be in such a rush, Amber-ya. Think of the bigger picture!!
6. [+22, -3] I think everyone knows why SM isn't investing in her further though...
7. [+21, -0] Well it's not like she became a girl group member because she's a good singer, a good dancer, or a pretty face... she apparently comes from a wealthy family anyway, just leave and pursue what you want. Being on TV isn't a must.
8. [+20, -0] Honestly her solo flopping probably had a lot to do with it... can't blame anyone but your own skills