Article: Yoo Ah in reps, "Rumors about a cancer fight are not true... fracture has nothing to do with bone cancer"
Source: Sports Donga via Nate
Reps clarified that he was diagnosed with a benign bone tumor, one that does not affect his day to day life and that he does not have to "fight".
1. [+464, -7] It was benign when it was discovered in 2013 but the comments freaked out and turned him into a cancer patient
2. [+430, -10] Seemed like yesterday people were talking about him as if he was a cancer patient
3. [+290, -61] I guess it was just a rumor then ㅋㅋ but didn't he say it was cancer yesterday?
4. [+46, -11] He media played too much about it, and is only denying it now that it's gotten out of hand. And didn't news of the bone tumor have to have come from him in the first place otherwise its a breach of his medical records.
5. [+45, -7] Where'd all his dumb fans go who were freaking out over him being a cancer patient
6. [+41, -6] To explain it simply, a benign tumor is harmless and can happen to anyone, might as well consider it a lump of water... So fans shouldn't shield him saying he's fighting cancer and therefore can't serve in the army. What he has is pretty much like a cold... Ah In-ah, stop dragging out your enlistment and just go and serve already. You're 32 years old, what're you doing?
7. [+39, -9] Just one last desperate attempt to get exempt from the army
8. [+34, -3] He media played about it and now he has to clarify it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it's like he's putting on his own show
9. [+33. -3] ㅋㅋ So he could've just gotten surgery on it but he dragged it out as much as possible to get out of serving basically... how can you media play about this
10. [+25, -0] So many non-celebrities get surgery and recover and go and serve just fine so go and serve already
11. [+24, -3] So it basically doesn't affect his ability to serve at all??
12. [+23, -2] Yeah it's benign, it's not a problem at all ㅋㅋ so why did he get it retested so many times? And let me tell you, you can't postpone your service any more after 32 ㅋㅋ
13. [+20, -3] Ah In-ah, just go serve already, why are you so scared of the army? ㅋㅋ
14. [+20, -2] Time to go serve then
15. [+19, -0] My son has a benign bone tumor on his left arm, we didn't find out till he broke it... It's his third year and it's fine, you just have to be careful. It doesn't hurt at all. What he has isn't dangerous at all.