[Pann] Reactions to Red Velvet's 'Rookie'


Pann: What I felt listening to Red Velvet's new song

1. [+252, -17] The song's weird... people keep saying that their style is "wtf at first, addicted later" but the song itself has to be good but 'Rookie' doesn't sound like a song but rather some chant

2. [+237, -11] Ah seriously, why did they make the song like this? People keep saying it's a wtf at first, addicted later song but nevermind all that, a song should be good the moment you hear it. I think songs like 'Ice Cream Cake' and 'Happiness' were the two songs that showed their colors the best.

3. [+171, -27] Turned it off after the first 10 seconds, such a weird song

4. [+74 -0] 'Happiness' and 'Ice Cream Cake' were their best songs... now their songs keep getting weirder and weirder.

5. [+60, -10] I like it... I listened to it before bed and listened to it again when I woke up ㅋㅋ People like different things, can't control that. I bet RV is upset right now though ㅠㅠ

6. [+53, -11] The song sounds so cheap ㅜㅜ

7. [+42, -3] I think it's decent enough to listen to ㅋㅋ I don't like it but it's really addictive and I keep listening to it

8. [+41, -3] I think they were going for the addictive factor more with the repetition of 'rookie rookie' in the chorus

9. [+34, -1] I wonder if they can even sing this song live???? The song sounds super hard to sing... I'd be understanding if their voices cracked and all ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It sounds like it'd be hard to sing live even without the dance...

10. [+33, -3] I'm a fan but I don't like the song... honestly a bit disappointed

-

Source: Pann

1. [+252, -13] Maybe my expectations were too high but I don't like it... I actually think it's their worst title song yet. The girls looked beautiful though ㅜ let's step it up, SM

2. [+234, -9] Worse than 'Happiness' and 'Dumb Dumb'... I listened to it three times already and I'm still not addicted

3. [+215, -8] It's so weird... why is their new song like this ㅜㅜ their rest were fine..

4. [+82, -0] I don't understand why SM would choose a song like 'Rookie' at such an important point in their career ㅠㅠ I get that it's addictive but I'd personally rather they do another song like 'Ice Cream Cake' ㅠㅠ it was not only a good song but their concept was good and their music video looked great ㅠㅠ As for 'Rookie'... what is up with those vinyl outfits... It's just hard to understand, all of it;; from the music video concept to especially the coordi;;

5. [+63, -56] Am I the only one who likes it...? I think it fits the Red concept to a T ㅋㅋ anyway, Red Velvet has always been a group that people either loved or hated, and obviously the OP doesn't like them

6. [+61, -0] Yeah the song fits their concept but it's honestly below expectations... maybe it'll get better once time passes but for now, I'm not too crazy about the song. I expected a lot because they said it'd be better than 'Russian Roulette'

7. [+59, -91] I think it's good? Everyone hated at first when 'Dumb Dumb' was released too but people started getting addicted and going around saying dumb dumb dumb dumb

8. [+55, -3] Honestly it's super bad. 'ICC' and 'Dumb Dumb' were their best for me. 'Russian Roulette' had crappy outfits so I'll pass on that. 'Rookie' is just a mess in both song + outfits.

-

Source: Pann

1. [+150, -24] I remember when 'Russian Roulette' or 'ICC' came out and everyone was calling it weird, I at least had a feeling that they were addictive songs and would do well... but I don't feel that 'Rookie'.

2. [+129, -7] The music video is just unnecessarily convoluted, I have no idea what it's about, just seems like a whole bunch of secrets stuffed into it as much as possible

3. [+117, -9] I liked the teasers and the members seemed really into the song so I had high expectations but I'm not sure if I like it yet... it does seem addictive though ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+93, -8] Horrible song... and I like Irene but her rapping is so bad... They said the song was better than 'Russian Roulette' but it's worse. Seulgi looked super good though.

5. [+90, -3] The song would've never seen the light if some mid-tier rookie girl group debuted with it. The only impression that I got after watching the MV is that Seulgi is pretty and a good singer

-