Article: Hong Suk Chun confesses to experiencing sexual assault, "I endured a nightmare of a time"
Source: X Sports News via Nate
"Ever since I was little, I was always bullied for being different. In middle school, I was assaulted and sexually assaulted by kids who'd be considered iljins. It was personally difficult for me. I was a good student but my grades kept dropping. I felt like I was living a normal life but my mentality was a shell of what it used to be. I thought about how I could overcome this and one day decided that I needed to forgive those friends. They're now my friends."
1. [+1,406, -29] They're trash, I hope they suddenly die in their sleep today
2. [+1,177, -26] Please report people who sexually assault you. Even if too much time has passed, their actions should be revealed to those around them and they should pay the consequences for it however late. People who confess to being victims of such huge crimes and ending the story by taking no action is frustrating to the listener. We need to make sure that we live in a world where people pay the price for their crimes.
3. [+1,107, -22] If I were him, I'd be living with so much rage... I don't know how he could ever forgive them and be their friend... I wish him happiness.. and I hope that they eventually pay the price of their crime.
4. [+79, -3] Even women find it difficult to report sexual assault, imagine how much harder it is for men. There's a lot of sexual assault cases against men, more than you'd think, and a lot of man on man crime as well. Especially when men are younger, it's usually a display of superior strength, and sexual assault has always been one form of bullying used by men in school since it not only humiliates the victim but it's also easier to get away with legally since male victims tend to hide it. We really need stop fighting over gender issues when it comes to crime and start defending the victims instead of blaming them for all sorts of reasons like seducing them first, etc.
5. [+60, -1] Sexual assault is a crime and it's not something that can be resolved just with time passing or because he chose to forgive them. A crime needs to be dealt by the justice of the law. We need to show our youth that if they commit a crime, they will be punished for it no matter how much time has passed.
6. [+46, -4] Sexual assault criminals should never be forgiven... It only creates more victims
7. [+36, -0] Yeah, there really does seem to be a lot more man on man sexual assault than you'd think! Such weird people in this world
8. [+28, -0] Apparently in Korea, 6% of sexual assault victims are men... but because they're so afraid of reporting it (as is with women), the percentage is suspected to be closer to over 10%. Men have to suffer so much victim blaming when they actually go through with reports like "you enjoyed it too, didn't you?" which is why they're so hesitant.
9. [+22, -1] Amazing considering all that he's gone through... but a crime is a crime and I honestly think they should be punished for it regardless
10. [+21, -7] Hearing a story of sexual assault perpetrators becoming the victim's friend in the end is not considered a "happy ending"... it's just an ending that frustrates the listener. A criminal should be thrown in jail to pay the price of his crime. Who do you think you are to be forgiving them and thinking everything's solved?