Article: 59th Grammy Awards, Adele sweeps the grammys... best line up ever but disappointing sound system
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+562, -35] Beyonce put out her best album yet but was skipped over for Adele ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+469, -23] I thought for sure Beyonce would win the album award..
3. [+446, -27] It's the White Grammy after all... Beyonce will be remembered for a long time, award or not!
4. [+532, -93] A pity that our own Korean award ceremonies... have laughable groups like EXO winning the best awards...
5. [+355, -38] Honestly the album award should've gone to Beyonce but so many of the black artists were overlooked. Adele's '21 was deserving of the sweep but '25' was lacking aside from 'Hello' and 'All I Ask'. Where's the shame?
6. [+107, -4] I'd give Adele song of the year... but Beyonce for the album
7. [+107, -10] Same ceremony, different feel ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Americans have Adele vs Beyonce while we have... EXO vs BTS..... how did our music industry turn into something only stupid fangirls care about?
8. [+87, -4] They totally discriminated against the black artists ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+142, -23] Meanwhile Korean award ceremonies are nothing but stupid fangirls screaming ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! whenever EXO is on the screen while another singer is performing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ their fans don't even care about watching the other performances, as long as they get the best shots of their oppas!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The difference in class is so drastic... ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
10. [+86, -6] Black people provide all the entertainment only for the white people to take home all the awards
Article: [Grammy Award] As expected of Beyonce! A perfect stage with her pregnant body
Source: Sports Donga via Nate
1. [+294, -25] She's a goddess for real... I feel lucky to be alive in the same time as her
2. [+267, -14] The best diva...
3. [+237, -16] She was amazing ㅋㅋ I bet if a Korean artist performed at late pregnancy, she'd get a ton of hate ^^
4. [+25, -5] Whitney Houston suffered a devastating end while Mariah Carey is ruining herself... I hope that Beyonce will at least be remembered as the legendary diva that she is...
5. [+12, -2] Her stage looked like something out of a well produced movie
Article: Adele breaks trophy for Beyonce
Source: Herald Pop via Nate
1. [+1,405, -17] Wow, she's amazing... imagine how great it'd be to have a friend like that
2. [+1,232, -47] The Grammy is still a conservative ceremony. Adele is no doubt an amazing artist but seeing as how Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce were both overlooked shows that discrimination still exists. Beyonce's 'Lemonade' was about black women's rights too so I'm not surprised. Still, congratulations to Adele :)
3. [+1,068, -14] People always say how she's of another class but she truly is... I wonder how she thought of that ㅋㅋ I'm so happy for them... so great to see~
4. [+81, -2] Most critics expected the album award to go to Beyonce, which is probably why Adele looked so surprised when her name was called too. Beyonce cried when Adele praised her during her award speech. It's so good to see them give so much respect at such a highly regarded event.
5. [+79, -3] I wonder when our country will see such genuine award speeches...? Korean singers don't really give award speeches but rather list out all the names of their CEOs and staff. I know that there are people to be grateful for but there's really not one line where they give genuine thanks for the award. But then again, they're all singers produced as a product of all the staff of their company so I guess it can't be helped.