Article: Gaon Chart Awards "The data has proven it"... Girl groups for digital, boy groups for physical
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+1,177, -63] So the public listens to girl groups while fans listen to boy groups
2. [+1,007, -188] The male groups may be strong in physical sales but I have no idea what any of their songs are
3. [+815, -115] Amazing of Big Bang, still managed to win monthly #1 despite it being a mid-release. Congrats to everyone who won!
4. [+805, -132] The only male group in the digital category is Big Bang ㅋㅋㅋ God Bang
5. [+681, -123] It's digital that's a better reflection of what the public is listening to... physical sales are led by fandoms, which are mainly girls... they're the ones who buy fan merchandise and stuff
6. [+193, -25] Big Bang has the most Gaon points but they're in the girl group line ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+176, -26] Big Bang's the most amazing
8. [+154, -20] Perhaps Big Bang is a girl group ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+146, -20] Does that make Big Bang a girl group then?
10. [+96, -13] And thus proves that Big Bang is a girl grup ㅋ a song released mid-December is overall #1... surprising!!!
11. [+79, -12] Digital songs are a reflection of trends while physical sales are more a reflection of fan collections~
12. [+53, -7] Big Bang can just be a co-ed group, they have both the public and their fans down pat ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
13. [+124, -36] The data proves once again that SM has absolutely zero public support. January went to Girlfriend, February went to Mamamoo, March went to Jang Bum Joon, April went to Twice, May went to Urban Zakapa, June went to SISTAR, July went to Wonder Girls, August went to Black Pink, September went to Im Chang Jung, October went to Twice, November went to Black Pink, and December went to Big Bang. No SM in any of the months ㅋㅋ JYP came out with 3, YG with 3 ㅋㅋ SM seriously has not one singer that the public has recognized.
14. [+28, -4] The reason fans get called 'stupid fangirls' is because they buy albums not for the purpose of listening to them but for the purpose of absolute loyalty... one fan will buy 10 albums at a time while the rest of us public listeners will take a listen to this and that and buy a song if we like it. On the contrary, stupid fangirls create playlists of songs that they force one another to stream like it's some religion. All 24 hours dedicated to streaming only one artist, absolutely meaningless... This is why there is such a drastic difference between what the public listens to and what stupid fangirls listen to.
15. [+21, -2] That Angelina Danilova girl who was out to give the awards pretty much owned every famous girl group in Korea... you could stick her in Twice and she'd easily beat out Tzuyu as the main visual. Young and super tall ♥
16. [+22, -3] You also have to consider that men skip over male group songs unless it's a group they know like Big Bang ㅋㅋ while women tend to listen to both male and female idol songs
17. [+22, -3] Women will listen to girl groups but men only listen to girl groups or hip hop songs
18. [+19, -2] So what do men listen to then? Do they not listen to boy groups at all other than Big Bang? I want to know which other boy groups men listen to
- I download whatever new song Big Bang comes out with
- Well last year Buzz made a comeback so I listened to them
- I listen to more solo singers than male idols, Big Bang's the exception
- I download Big Bang songs without even listening first, but with other boy groups I'll usually listen first and see if I like it. Lately I've been liking BTS 'Spring Day' but honestly the only boy group that men care about is Big Bang.
19. [+16, -1] Fans are living in their own delusional world. If you take out all the repeat streams that fans spam off of the real time charts... their songs are usually ranked all the way at the bottom. The only thing fans do is mess up the charts.
20. [+42, -10] A bit laughable to call 'TT' an honorable album. The state of Korea's music industry~