Article: Does liking them give them the right to make fun of them? Fans who make their idols cry
Source: Korea Ilbo via Nate
Article talks about fans who speak out of line at fan signings by making fun of their idols presumably for attention and making them cry. A fan at a Cosmic Girls fan signing told member Eunseo that she looked like soccer player Zlatan and didn't stop until she started tearing up. Another instance was when Twice's Jihyo was told by her fans that she would match weightlifting as a sport, making her feel uncomfortable.
1. [+413, -21] But if you're a fan who attends fan signings, doesn't it mean you're supposed to really like them?? Why don't they think of how they look before they speak crap about someone else..
2. [+300, -47] I know the article is really serious but Jihyo's picture looks so pretty... and to the fans who defended themselves saying they just mentioned that she looks like Zlatan because she does, shouting that at her and giggling about it is fully making fun of her.
3. [+294, -7] A joke is no longer a joke when the person receiving it takes offense to it
4. [+37, -3] Everyone needs to stay within the line
5. [+12, -1] There's always that one idiot who thinks he's joking around but is actually hurting the other person...
6. [+11, -2] I remember that Eunseo girl was giggling on 'Weekly Idol' when her fellow member was told she looked like Shin Dong Yub but look at her cry when she's told she looks like someone else too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+9, -1] Even within fandoms, there are fans who only like certain members and not the entire group... and then they'll go and talk crap about the other members. Probably one of those types..
8. [+9, -2] I think fans are just doing it to get attention and stand out... talk about low class though
9. [+7, -1] Comparisons can't be worse than Jimin and Samuel Jackson ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+7, -0] So many disrespectful fans at fan meets ㅡㅡ; quite sad actually