Article: Solbin, "Laboum is the new age of army favorites, we were #1 on the army newspaper poll"
Source: Herald Pop via Naver
Army survey: who do you wish would come for a surprise visit during your service?
1. Parents and family
2. My girlfriend
3. Girl group 'Laboum'
4. Girl group 'Red Velvet'
5. Girl group 'Twice'
6. Girl group 'Cosmic Girls'
8. Closest friend
9. Actress Han Hyo Joo
10. Singer/actress IU
1. [+1,929, -58] The army will like any woman with a pulse there
2. [+1,656, -73] The army's honestly a place where a bunch of B-list girl groups go to perform... the army just doesn't have enough funds to pay as well as college events do. The problem is that the interest in girl groups is contained in the army only.. once the soldiers return to civilian life, they lose interest in girl groups, which is bad because these girl groups never end up with sustained fanbases.
3. [+1,500, -114] But reality is that 'TT' is the song soldiers wake up and sleep to
4. [+623, -89] Never even heard of them though?? ㅋㅋ
5. [+225, -19] What the soldiers are really thinking: I wonder if we'll ever get Twice to perform??
6. [+168, -14] Laboum is quite popular too but reality is that Twice is just too far above and beyond the rest
7. [+173, -17] Still can't beat Twice
8. [+134, -13] Twice's popularity is a wall ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+145, -19] Laboum? When you have Twice, Girlfriend, and IOI? Pffft
10. [+169, -31] They're nugus in real life
11. [+43, -5] In the army, it's whatever group visits the most often that is the most popular. To the rest of us civilians, it's Twice.
12. [+24, -2] The soldiers aren't stupid... they're not going to write Twice in their surveys because they know that Twice wouldn't get paid enough to come perform for them. But they do know that if they choose Laboum, Laboum will come perform for them so obviously they're going to pick Laboum...
13. [+22, -3] I suggest bragging about winning #1 anywhere else but the army because the army will rave over any girl group...