Article: First Sulli, IU, and now again... Suzy's 'lolita' pictorial controversial
Source: Herald Econ via Nate
1. [+2,120, -1,742] I first saw this ridiculous claim on Pann and it looks like the journalist is a Pann frequenter herself
2. [+1,958, -1,632] This feels too forced... the photographer is someone who does photos of this emotional type vibe. If everything makes you uncomfortable, how are you able to function in real life at all?
3. [+1,486, -311] ㅋㅋ It doesn't look lolita but rather the setting looks like a barber shop with a hidden brothel
4. [+1,454, -1,249] It's usually the ugly pigs who get pissed over pictorials like this
5. [+533, -276] Lolita concepts seriously disgust me and anybody who participates in it shouldn't be shielded
6. [+407, -135] If you have eyes, you'll realize upon seeing the pictures that there's nothing normal about them
7. [+384, -119] Barber shops are places that mainly men go to... it's a place where you will rarely ever see any women. There used to be a time when young men going through puberty who chanced upon a nuna who worked at the barber shop and the slight touch of her body against his as she washed his hair was enough to arouse him. So knowing that the setting is a male dominated area and for her to be dressed like that in such a setting????? She is totally giving the feel of a barber shop with a hidden brothel. There's no way she posed like that without knowing!!!
8. [+282, -65] The hypocrisy of people... people will hate on IU and Sulli readily, Goo Hara even for just being friends with Sulli, but Suzy gets shielded.
9. [+202, -40] This is worse than IU's scandal. IU's was just lolita but this is a lolita cliche in the setting of a barber shop with a hidden brothel so it gives a prostitution feel as well.
10. [+191, -30] I don't know about the lolita stuff but it's quite obvious that the pictures were taken with sexual intentions.
Article: The reason Suzy's pictorial is swept in controversy
Source: YTN via Nate
1. [+1,392, -428] Tying her hair up with a man's necktie and staring at the camera with glazed eyes with the caption (sorry dad), if that isn't lolita, then what is? ㅋㅋ Posing in a run down barber shop in a short skirt, kneeling, holding her hands in the middle, what's that? If you're too stupid to see any of this stuff, then don't bother shielding her. Suzy's a celebrity who can shoot these things and be protected by her manager and bodyguards but she's feeding a dangerous fantasy of pedophilia to the public that puts other children and women at risk to crime. Stupid Suzy fans, being as stupid as you are is a crime now ㅜㅜ
2. [+1,088, -146] The point of controversy isn't lolita but the setting of it looking like a barber shop with a hidden brothel
3. [+631, -559] But do these pictures look lolita?
4. [+277, -226] Bye
5. [+273, -222] If Sulli took these pictures, netizens would be foaming at the mouth calling it 100% lolita... but since they like Suzy, they're trying to be lenient... you realize your hypocrisy is the most goosebump-inducing, right?
Article: JYP reps, "Suzy's pictorial has nothing to do with lolita... we will be taking strong legal action against personal attacks on her"
Source: Sports Today via Nate
1. [+1,661, -635] I just checked the pictures out... and they totally look lolita, though...? I think there's reason for suspicion depending on how you look at it
2. [+624, -540] JYP could target all the female community sites, Instiz, and Nate and come out with a truck of fatty pigs to sue
3. [+346, -314] All the fatty Pann pigs are probably running around trying to delete their post now
4. [+319, -145] So why did they let Suzy take a pictorial with pictures that could cause reason for controversy...? Apparently the pictorial was something Suzy chose the concept for and participated in. The fact that people are getting lolita and brothel vibes from her photos alone are a problem and not something that JYP should be trying to censor everyone over.
5. [+226, -139] Whether she intended to or not, the public is the one feeling those vibes from her pictures and that's fact ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+184, -114] Does JYP think that just denying it is enough? Her career is highly dependent on the attention and interest of the public and if enough people believe there's reason to say her pictorial has elements of lolita in it, it's not merely enough for just JYP to deny it and then claim legal action. They need to clarify all of our points and explain what's going on!!!
7. [+156, -84] I think it's important to recognize your own mistake and admit to them. You can't just call everyone a hater and threaten to sue them. It's only going to make matters worse.
8. [+148, -79] Well they all end up denying it... IU did, and Sulli did too...
9. [+124, -53] I honestly want to know what the intentions were for taking the pictures that way... this was in no way a "normal" pictorial
10. [+92, -28] Legal action? How is this any different from what Park Geun Hye's administration did? The public is expressing how they feel about something and JYP responds by saying they'll handle it in the court? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ JYP and Park Geun Hye both expect the public to only post what they want them to post
1. [+5,124, -348] I know this is off topic but I wish the photographer Rotta would quit. It's because of ba$tards like him that put more children at risk.
2. [+3,246, -278] I hate ba$tards like Rotta the most;
3. [+4,121, -635] So next time you see a woman talking childishly as aegyo, sue her for promoting lolita concepts
4. [+1,538, -214] Girl groups who dance in school uniforms are also playing up to the lolita fantasy. Fans try to argue that school uniform concepts are innocent but how does that explain the sex appeal that makes men go crazy? ㅋㅋ A girl group is nothing without sex appeal and their school uniforms are designed in a way to be short and revealing while still maintaining that air of innocence.
5. [+421, -116] I checked out Instiz and thousands of comments have been deleted ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Article: Suzy's photographer, "I will not be going easy on copyright infringement, please do not exaggerate the meaning of the photos"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+451, -142] There's a reason the majority of the public feels the way they do about the photos
2. [+443, -127] I'm really curious... how can anyone view those photos as just innocent? Isn't it obvious why they're controversial?
3. [+414, -137] Exaggerated...? Suzy, her agency, and this photographer are the worst. Even if they really didn't know what vibe the pictures were giving off, the people viewing them are seeing them as lolita and they think just because they say it's not, it's not? Might as well just have said they didn't realize they could be seen that way and just apologize, instead they're threatening legal action ㅋ...
4. [+65, -22] Naw, I think you are going to be sued before us for violation of children's rights...
5. [+62, -19] You have to admit the setting of those photos totally look like a brothel barber shop, right? ㅋㅋ
Article: Suzy's popular pictorial, how did it become the hot potato?
Source: TV Report via Daum
1. [+650, -85] I didn't find the pictorial pictures pretty but rather off putting... it made me question why Suzy took such photos. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that then.
2. [+570, -62] If this had been IU or Sulli, they would've been hated to dust ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Koreans definitely need to start taking matters like this more seriously
3. [+521, -62] If you don't know why these pictures are problematic, that's a problem in itself
4. [+297, -30] I checked the pictures out and she's deserving of hate. Did they not check out the concepts before taking the photos? Why would Suzy with the nation's first love image agree to taking those photos?
5. [+277, -25] She put out a pictorial and it has every right to be judged as we see fit. The fact that a girl like her chose an old barber shop of all places instead of a hair salon when barber shops in the past were known to run brothels on the side makes it weird. Suzy's an adult now, does she not realize the implications of her actions?
1. [+352, -130] Her pictures looked like a concept of an 80s brothel ㅋㅋ
2. [+303, -115] The pictures weren't pretty to look at but rather off putting. Why did she take them?
3. [+171, -34] It is true that the pictures give off a weird vibe
4. [+159, -24] Is JYP crazy? Do they not realize that Suzy's level is past the point of taking pictures like this?
5. [+120, -13] It's ridiculous that JYP is threatening legal action when the intentions behind those pictures are enough cause for misunderstandings. Just because the public's review of her pictorial isn't what they wanted, they think they can shut everyone up with legal action? How is my opinion that I find her pictorial pictures cheap and not sexy or beautiful at all worthy of being sued over?
Article: What pictures were in Suzy's controversial pictorial... netizens remain angered despite JYP clarification
Source: X Sports News via Daum
1. [+2,923, -911] Why is this even controversial... why do people get bothered over everything;;
2. [+2,349, -914] But why are people throwing a fuss over a pictorial two years old? This is why people hate feminazis so much
3. [+1,806, -862] All the feminazis with nothing to do after eating so they drag out controversies like this
4. [+898, -160] Okay the pictures here might not seem problematic but if you search up pictures from a barber shop, you'll see what we mean... it's a concept of a young girl at a brothel barber shop and they're disgusting. I'm so sick of pictorials doing little girl concepts. Just be like Lady Gaga and Madonna and go all out that emphasize concepts as adult women, why do so many try to make money off of little girl concepts? Suzy's holding crayons in her photos, wearing dad's neckties... IU's agency threatened legal action too, these agencies must think netizens are nothing but fools with the way they're handling things
5. [+505, -64] The barber shop pictures make her look more like a cheap girl than a lolita though... Suzy's face isn't even young looking enough to pull off lolita anyway
6. [+453, -72] Look at the angle of the faucet ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ what is she doing posting like that at a barber shop anyway? ㅋㅋ There are some things you can't shield, but sigh, I guess the photographer is to blame in all this
Pann: Wow the reactions are so different from IU's scandal
1. [+302, -14] People blamed IU saying she should take responsibility for everything since she produced the album even though she didn't produce her music video. Suzy, however, said so herself that she participated in the pictorial concept from choosing the outfits to other things but people are saying the photographer's to blame ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ either hate both or defend both don't choose one or the other when they're the same. I bet if this was Sulli's pictorial, people would've treated her like a mentally disabled drug addict.
2. [+253, -15] JYP seems to be controlling the media right now. There's only one article about Suzy's lolita controversy when there should be so much more. There was an Ailee and Suzy article in the morning and someone mentioned the lolita controversy in the comments and the article was taken down from the main page in just two minutes. JYP needs to focus on giving proper feedback and apologizing for what needs to be apologized for instead of controlling the media like this.
3. [+193, -10] This scandal is worse than IU's though? Especially since Suzy herself said she planned the concepts and even chose the outfits
4. [+85, -2] I honestly didn't like the way IU's scandal turned out too. Ever since IU's lolita controversy, people started treating lolita as if it was just some type of style preference and looked at you weird if you found a problem with it. Suzy's pictures left me speechless however. I think it's only been quiet all this time because it was a personal photobook but imagine if it blew up like IU's scandal did? Her first love image and all that would've been blown away. This is worse than any lolita scandal I've seen because it gives brothel vibes on top of that.
5. [+57, -2] Posts about Suzy's lolita keep disappearing;;