Article: "Korean in the Simpsons?" Welcoming signs of Korea in Hollywood TV
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+641, -31] If there's ever Korean stuff in Hollywood TV, it's usually to make fun of us ㅋㅋㅋ not really happy to see Korean in the Simpsons at all ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+376, -12] The Simpsons is subcontracted to Korea so there has always been Korean in the episodes. And don't think that because Korean's featured in the Simpsons that it means anything positive.
3. [+189, -7] In the movie 'Vacation', the navigation talks in Korean ㅋㅋㅋ hilarious
4. [+115, -2] The actor Ken Jeong is actually a key figure in stereotyping Asians as being slow talkers with poor pronunciation and stuff
- He's probably the most hated actor among gyopos, his talk shows are a mess
- Right? He always portrays his Asian characters as being dumb
5. [+30, -1] Who cares if there's Korean text in Hollywood shows? Have you ever seen Americans notice that there's Korean writing on their TV shows?
6. [+16, -0] Considering the way Hollywood portrayed Korea in 'World War'... made us seem so backwards like we were still back in the Josun dynasty... That's still how foreigners view us today.
7. [+16, -0] Those signs are actually from an episode about K-Town but they made gochujang look like some Thai chilli sauce. To Yankees, Asian culture is all one and the same, just like how to our eyes, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech etc all look the same.
8. [+16, -0] There's a lot of Korean in 'We Bare Bears' ㅋㅋㅋ and it's not in a negative way either so I like it
9. [+13, -0] 'We Bare Bears'~~ it's one of the hottest American cartoons lately and the main character's friend is Korean so there are a lot of scenes where the bears watch Korean dramas together ㅎ