Article: 2017 starts off to another girl group rush
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+208, -5] For how much name value AOA has, their digital rank has been lost in Andromeda..... not even comparable to Cosmic Girls or April anymore because I don't even see them on the Melon charts. What happened? Did AOA's fandom just die out?
2. [+130, -10] A battle of the minor groups, basically...
3. [+191, -31] Twice (nation's girl group, energetic, cute) Girlfriend (innocent) IOI (nation's producer) Red Velvet (quirky?) Black Pink (hip hop) Mamamoo (talent)... all of the current girl groups have different charms and styles with set fandoms so there really isn't any more room for other groups or fandoms
4. [+106, -10] Every new debut recently has been flop after flop...
5. [+120, -27] AOA, Cosmic Girls, and April all flopped ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+52, -5] Out of all those groups, AOA had the most media play and their one song already fell off the charts~
7. [+51, -7] At the top are Twice, Girlfriend, IOI, Black Pink, Mamamoo, and Red Velvet. There's no more room left at the top for any more girl groups and it's basically going to be a fight between the bottom feeders.
8. [+29, -0] A Pink's 'Cause You're My Star' and AOA's 'Excuse Me' both flopped...
9. [+16, -1] So many debuts and comebacks in January... to make matters worse, all of the debuts and comebacks so far have been flops. The bigger issue is that even if any of these groups do manage to make it, it'll never be on the level of Twice, Girlfriend, Mamamoo, Red Velvet, or Black Pink ㅋㅋ
10. [+13, -0] 32 girl groups debuted in 2014, 37 teams in 2015, 29 teams in 2016... 98 teams in the past 3 years... how many are going to debut and flop in 2017 now?
11. [+23, -4] Korea is just an empire of idols now
12. [+12, -2] Out of the recent comebacks, April has the most potential. Their song is pretty good, the rest are flops.