Article: Big Bang TOP confesses, "I spend over 95% of my income on buying art"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+1,628, -222] Or if you flip what he said, it means that the 5% he has left is enough for him to live off of and do other things. Basically means he has a huge, huge income... and I bet he buys art in cash under the table. I hope he's being thoroughly investigated for his taxes.
2. [+966, -121] After watching them on 'Radio Star', I feel like Seungri's actually the normal one of the group. Taeyang > Seungri > Daesung > GD > TOP... Daesung seems a bit out of it too ㅋ The only difference between Seungri and Taeyang are whether they share what they're feeling or not ㅋ
3. [+563, -28] But art can be sold back at the same price so you can get all your money back..
4. [+91, -4] After watching 'Radio Star', TOP has the most unique personality of them all
5. [+77, -9] I remember on another show TOP said his hobby was buying plane tickets and not riding them;; stupid fangirls, wake up, this is your money he's toying with
6. [+74, -3] Being a celebrity is the best career ever. Normally only CEOs of large companies can have hobbies like collecting art but some 30 year old guy without any education or credentials at all can buy art like it's nothing..
7. [+65, -8] Buying art is usually a slush fund
8. [+62, -6] You can consider art like a savings account. You can sell it back exactly for what you got it for. It's like a form of investment. He's not wasting money by buying art as a hobby.
9. [+54, -1] To the rest of us, it might seem like he's just buying art to keep around, but to the rich, it's actually a form of investment.
10. [+50, -16] It's unfair that some are accusing TOP of using art as a form of tax evasion when his whole family has been involved in the arts and didn't even want him going into music at first ㅋㅋㅋ He's the nephew of one of the leaders of Korean abstract painting and his oldest aunt's husband is a pretty well known figure in the art world ㅋㅋ TOP designs his own furniture and participated in the Sotheby auction recently too
11. [+47, -16] Don't people usually buy art for tax evasion and slush funds?
12. [+36, -5] I honestly don't think TOP is smart enough to sell the paintings back to dodge taxes... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He seems pretty simple, just collects art because he thinks it looks pretty/cool to him
13. [+34, -4] I spend 95% of my income on buying rice and kimchi
14. [+29, -4] It's hilarious to me how netizens think this guy is dodging taxes when he's already rich enough to buy any piece of art in the world ㅋㅋ