Article: 'Yang Man Show' Irene tears up after saying "I don't have any struggles"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+1,268, -170] It's not her character that's the issue, she just seems like the shy, introverted type who keeps things to herself
2. [+1,003, -168] She seems to be the quiet type that keeps things to herself. Find strength!!
3. [+719, -76] After watching this episode, seems like Joy's the one who's good at variety
4. [+93, -46] It's not like she's a bad person but of course Koreans will witch hunt her just for having no talent for variety shows
5. [+87, -20] There are some people who spare their words to refrain from making any mistakes... I think it's usually the team's oldest or leaders who are like that
6. [+85, -35] I won't say anything about her personality but if a celebrity knows she's shy, she shouldn't go on variety shows. She's not young, she's old enough to express her opinion to her agency.
7. [+81, -39] Yeah, I'd still rather not see her on varieties though
8. [+76, -53] The least she could do is give answers when people ask her questions
9. [+59, -32] Some idols love acting up, some idols are quiet, there's no need to cause all this fuss over her being the quiet type. As long as she performs on stage, what's it matter? As for this one, it's clear that it's her agency to blame for putting her on a variety in the first place.
10. [+52, -9] She just has no talent for varieties at all. She obviously debuted to be a singer and it's her agency's fault for putting her on a variety that she has no talent for. Just keep idols like her in the 'mysterious/hard to approach' concept and keep them off of variety shows. It's personalities like Joy who are outgoing that are a better fit for varieties.
1. [+326, -63] In the end, we'll never know if Irene just didn't talk the entire episode or if she was edited out
- Even the MCs had to ask her to say something because she was so quiet ㅋㅋㅋ you're really going to blame editing? She said like one thing in the entire hour
2. [+257, -64] She worked really hard on 'Yang Mn Show', felt bad when she teared up and laughed when she shouted 'diarrhea!' ㅋㅋㅋ funnier than 'Weekly Idol', actually. Eric Nam was a comforting MC too.
3. [+208, -65] Funniest episode today ㅋㅋㅋ Irene worked hard and I liked how the MCs weren't trying to bait anything. Eric Nam is a good singer but his MCing skills are top notch too ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+37, -10] Irene's the type who needs to be with the other members to ease up and talk more. I hope she isn't too hurt by all the hate comments from 'Radio Star'!!
5. [+29, -7] Irene's not the cocky type, she's just super shy. She talks a lot more and jokes around when she's with the other members on shows like 'Weekly Idol'... makes me think it must've been really hard for her to MC for 'Music Bank' too ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Article: 'Yang Man Show' Red Velvet soars as new variety stars
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+1,845, -254] Fun episode ㅋㅋ Red Velvet all worked hard, the MC was comforting ㅋㅋㅋ Eric Nam the cute giant baby
2. [+1,857, -297] Joy is such a variety star ㅋㅋㅋ she's pretty but has such a wit for variety
3. [+1,309, -194] Ah, hilarious episode today, can't wait for next week ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+1,148, -175] All around good episode with a good MC, good reactions from the guests ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+1,194, -194] So funny, had no idea the episode was even about to end
6. [+344, -52] Irene seems to fit varieties where she can be with the other members