Article: Female idol Kamen Joshi's Kawahara Yui flips Japan upside down "Retiring due to pregnancy"
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,120, -36] I find it respectable that she isn't giving up on her baby. There are quite a few abortion rumors among our own country's celebrities too...
2. [+883, -27] I'm sure there are Korean idols who've gone through this too, they just take brief hiatuses instead
3. [+826, -23] At least she's being responsible instead of aborting it. She's young but I'm proud of her for it.
4. [+50, -2] "I will not be returning. Thank you for your support until now." She sounds very cool.
5. [+39, -5] Our own country's idols have not only had abortion rumors but even rumors of hospitals that specifically cater to celebrity agencies since our first generation idols. I'm sure it's not as bad as rumors make it out to seem but considering some of the scandals that have come to light, there must be a few who've gone through pregnancies or abortions.
6. [+26, -1] She's way past legal age... not even a teen anymore. It's her business what she chooses to do with her life.
7. [+25, -6] "I will not be returning. Thank you for your support until now." That sounds so damn cool of her.
8. [+25, -0] I don't know who she is but she looks like a middle schooler in her photos. If she's a '95er, she's an adult... doesn't even seem like anything that should be controversial.
9. [+23, -1] She looks like a kid in her photos but she's 22 in Korean age. Why is this anything for Japan to go crazy over? The best replies over there are actually congratulating her on the pregnancy.
10. [+21, -3] Korean idols would never retire. They'd be too busy trying to hide it. Heck, even the ones getting married are still trying to hide their pregnancies.
11. [+14, -1] She's so damn cool about it
12. [+14, -2] She's pretty brave... have a happy birth!!!
13. [+14, -0] As if this doesn't happen in Korea too... only difference being whether you choose to hide it or put it out publicly.
14. [+10, -1] I like that she's honest about it... raise the baby well