Heechul shares a story of his debut conflicts with SM


Article: Kim Heechul, "My music opinion didn't match with SM's but Yunho convinced me to come back"

Source: Mydaily via Nate

"I wasn't originally an idol trainee. I had prepared to debut as the main vocalist for The Trax. At the time, however, my opinions on music didn't match with SM's so we had a lot of conflicts and I was forced to write a paper of reflection every time as a consequence. I was devastated and gave up my debut with The Trax to go back to my hometown of Kangwondo until Jungmo, Jay, Yunho, and Donghae convinced me to come back to SM."

-

1. [+837, -115] But it's not like your views on music is that great either~

2. [+722, -77] Opinions on music????? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+649, -113] His singing skills aren't good enough to be a band's main vocalist though.. ㅠ Didn't he have like a three second part on 'Bonamana'.. ㅠ

4. [+49, -12] He's actually a good singer if you listen to 'Sweet Dream' ㅋㅋㅋ Just that he was totally overshadowed by Min Kyung Hoon

5. [+49, -20] He's still a singer, don't be so harsh on him. Just because he doesn't have explosive vocal talent and is usually a variety star doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to have an opinion on music. We have no idea what his thoughts or dreams about music are and it's wrong to judge him based off of his image on TV. What if someone was laughing at your own precious dream?...

6. [+45, -6] I remember when Cyworld was still popular, I'd visit Kim Heechul's Cyworld often because he had a lot of rock band pictures and similar band music tastes with me... I was glad he got into SM but I'm also understanding of how he could've run into conflict with them over differing music views... He's not talking about musicality here so stop being mean and trying to put him down for that.

7. [+44, -28] Isn't he a good singer though? I always thought his singing was underrated

8. [+40, -7] He actually listens to a variety of music... sometimes I find myself asking "how does he know that?".. I don't know anything about his actual talent in music but it's fair to think he has his own tastes when it comes to music..

9. [+22, -8] So tired of people putting down the concerns and efforts of others.. ㅎ

10. [+19, -9] We all have opinions when it comes to music so why isn't he allowed to have his own? ㅋㅋㅋ If anyone talked like this to you about your own opinions, you'd be like "don't judge me!!" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

11. [+14, -2] Well I hope he's glad he got into Super Junior now since they've all made enough money like Kyuhyun affording a guest house. He wouldn't have made any money with Trax.

12. [+10, -2] This is laughable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ about as funny as if Goo Hara said she had any opinion whatsoever on music

13. [+10, -5] But I don't see how Kim Heechul had that much merit or talent for SM to take back a trainee who gave up his debut? Doesn't SM have a lot of trainees anyway? What did they see in him to take him back? Either way, I don't think Trax was a good fit for him either ㅋㅋ He doesn't play any instruments and his singing skills aren't that special... and he lucked out by landing Super Junior anyway since Trax was a super flop ㅠㅠㅠ

-