Veteran actress Kang Soo Ji talks about regretting only focusing on beauty at a young age


Article: Kang Soo Ji "I regret only focusing on my looks when I was younger"

Source: Herald Pop via Nate

"When I was younger, I only cared about my looks. Now that time has passed, I regret it and wish that I had focused more on working on who I am on the inside."

1. [+552, -7] She's not telling people to stop focusing on their looks but rather that she regrets focusing only on her looks. I really relate and agree with her, especially now that I'm older.

2. [+442, -11] I wonder when I'll be able to relate to what she's saying? Or is she able to say this because she's older now and has to accept the fact that her beauty will never be as when she was younger? Or has she realized with time that there are more important things in life than looks?

3. [+40, -2] Looks are surely important but focusing only on looks makes you an obsessed and envious person. There will always be people more beautiful and handsome than you in the world. Your looks won't stand the test of time. It's good to manage yourself but you'll get sick if you make it everything in life.

4. [+35, -1] I'm sure it was harder for her because she's a celebrity and it's her line of work but for the rest of us, if we only focus on our looks, we end up in a circle of people who are also only similarly obsessed with looks and you just end up getting more and more obsessed. On the contrary, if you focus on your inner beauty, then the people you choose to surround yourself with will also be similar people. It's all about what you choose to prioritize. Of course looks are important but it's your inner beauty that lasts a lot longer.

5. [+29, -0] We often call the older generation things like old prick whenever they go on about stuff like this but it's because they've gone through so many experiences in life as they gold older that they know what we find important at our age is not that important as you age..

6. [+23, -7] What she's saying sounds relatable because she's pretty but I doubt we'd find it so relatable if someone ugly said it

7. [+21, -1] Well at one point the entire nation was interested in her beauty, it'd be weird if she wasn't focused on it

8. [+20, -0] As I get older, I lose interest in celebrities. When I was younger, I fell for their looks and liked them for being pretty or handsome but now that I'm older, I care more about someone's smarts... Honestly, the majority of celebrities have empty brains since they usually started in the industry at a young age. I don't really get why some ajummas are so obsessed with celebrities still though, it'd make sense if they were still in high school or something..

9. [+16, -4] The beautiful will never understand the struggles of those who aren't though ㅠㅠ

10. [+16, -1] It's true though... when you try to date someone who's obsessed with their looks, it's fun at first because they're so pretty but then you get bored of them after a while. A person's charm comes from what's in their head.

-