Article: Lee Se Young caught saying "I touched them all"... B1A4 sexual harassment controversy
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+1,165, -56] With how serious this is, it's not merely just taking her off the show but exiling her from the industry for good. "Touched all their private parts"???? Imagine if someone like Yoo Se Yoon groped a female idol like this, would the media still be staying quiet like this????
2. [+1,082, -61] Take her off the show. If a male celebrity had been caught touching a female idol like that, he would've been exiled already. It's sick to see a female celebrity get to brag about touching another male idol like this.
3. [+960, -49] She seriously has to be crazy. When INFINITE was on the show, she touched them and looked all happy like "I touched them all"... Does it make her happy groping young men like that? Did she touch 2PM when they were on the show too? Or did she think she could get away with B1A4 and INFINITE because they're younger than her?
4. [+74, -1] Even if she didn't actually physically touch them, imagine if a male celebrity lined up a bunch of female idols and pretended to touch their chest and private parts and started bragging about "touching them all"? Wouldn't that be super controversial in itself, even if he clarified later that he didn't 'actually' touch them? It's still sexual harassment
5. [+62, -4] The double standards are the same as with Lee Guk Joo's case. It's a "joke" when a female does it but "sexual harassment" when a male does it. For all the talk about gender equality these days, this isn't fair at all.
6. [+48, -1] This isn't something that a simple apology will solve. This is a sex crime. Report it so that investigations can be done. Why should she not be dealt the consequences of inappropriately touching another person? Does that mean I can go out and grope a woman on the streets and get away with it too? That's basically what we're letting her get away with if legal action isn't taken.
7. [+45, -1] I wonder why the producers even thought that video clip was appropriate enough to share
8. [+32, -2] We live in an age where even a male celebrity looking at the chest of a woman will get him screencapped and hated on ㅋㅋㅋㅋ of course the double standards are real once again
Article: 'SNL 6' sexual harassment controversy brews too big to sweep under the rug with an apology
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+15,544, -1,055] Imagine if a male celebrity had done this to a female ㅋㅋ he'd be exiled right away ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ this is reverse discrimination against men. Remember when Yoo Se Yoon and Jang Dong Min had to hold a press conference?
2. [+12,535, -504] What this case shows is that it's dire to mess with a woman but it's okay to touch a man
3. [+10,254, -578] This is sexual harassment, not just a joke. Idols are people too... You touch a man like that on the street and you'll find yourself straight to the police station. This isn't something that a 5 line apology on Facebook will solve. I'm a fan of SNL but this really turns me off from the show. Starting B1A4's comeback off with a scandal like this must be horrifying for their fans. We need a real apology for not only B1A4 but INFINITE, Kim Min Suk, Block B, etc..
4. [+8,341, -391] If this had happened to a woman??????????
5. [+1,637, -41] Imagine if a male host had touched Twice or IOI on their private parts... he'd be fired immediately and SNL as a show would be taken off air.
6. [+1,543, -35] I'm a woman too and I think it's really important that this issue is taken seriously. The scandal would be even bigger than it is now if the genders had been reversed. This is not only reverse discrimination but sexual harassment too. An apology is needed.
7. [+1,462, -46] Our country has a long way to go with fixing our misogyny but we're also perpetrators of disrespecting men too. Even just a few years ago, if this scandal had erupted then, people would be blaming it on the men like "Be a man and get over it", or "Be a man and let it go", "Don't be so petty about it, you're a man" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ From Lee Guk Joo to now this, female celebrities just don't seem to know where the line is. I'm actually grateful to B1A4 fans for putting this important topic in the public eye.