Article: Lizzy, "After School was paid 360,000 won for promos in Japan, less than minimum wage"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
"After School promoted a lot in Japan. We were fairly popular but only got paid 360,000 won for 6 months of work. Thinking about it now, it was less than minimum wage. We liked eating so we spent a lot on food. At the time, we were saying that we'd make more money working part time at a convenience store instead."
1. [+719, -31] 360,000 won??? Are they crazy?? Pretty sure they didn't go through years of training just to make that kind of money ㅠㅜ
2. [+578, -18] By getting paid, she's talking about the money they were given after all of the travel expenses were taken out, right? So did they stay at VIP hotels and eat luxury meals every day or what?
3. [+555, -23] Hul...
4. [+52, -2] Their company's a thug
5. [+41, -2] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yeah, they really would be better off working part time somewhere else
6. [+30, -4] Sounds like they're 100% on the verge of disbandment, otherwise why would she talk about stuff like this. She really sounds like she doesn't have 1% of affection left for them.
7. [+28, -2] Hul... As impressive as celebrities look on the outside, it's really exploitation on the inside ㅠㅠ
8. [+27, -1] Just a flashy looking slave is all they are...
9. [+21, -1] Huk, I don't really get it. KARA promoted in Japan too and made a ton of money, enough to buy houses and stuff. Not that KARA and After School are at the same level but making 360,000 won in 6 months? How did that happen? Is there more staff in their agency? We need a better explanation
- They just didn't make enough money..
10. [+15, -4] Honestly, what group really is popular in Japan other than SNSD and KARA? Every other girl group just gave it a try after seeing Soshi and KARA's popularity there... I doubt any of them turned a profit after all the promo expenses went out.
11. [+14, -0] It was the cute groups like KARA that pulled in popularity in Japan... After School was not even that big there, I'm surprised they managed to turn a profit at all. I bet their Japanese agency is in the reds...
12. [+11, -0] If they were under FNC, they would've gotten paid 6 years later, not 6 months later..
13. [+9, -1] It's nothing to be so shocked over. That amount is after all of their living expenses have been taken out. They ate well, did everything they wanted, better than any of us probably, and was paid what was left. Not a big deal.