Article: 'Sketchbook' Kangta, "After HOT's disbandment, my popularity became only 1/10 of what it used to be"
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+1,748, -72] I don't think kids these days can even imagine how popular HOT was back in the day ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+1,195, -40] I remember they used to change the subway time for HOT
3. [+1,170, -42] But wasn't his first solo album a hit???
4. [+775, -44] He was such a flower boy during 'Light'
5. [+639, -82] I wish they'd reunite
6. [+185, -14] At least he knows... I feel like most groups from SM end up nothing once they fall apart because they usually have such strong team synergy ㅎ
7. [+159, -10] He was popular with 'Polaris' and then fell off after a while. It's a lesson for popular groups right now. They need to realize that they're only popular because they're in their group. Let it get to your head and go solo and you'll realize you're nothing special on your own.
8. [+141, -13] I remember when I used to think Kang Ta was the most handsome in the world ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+141, -17] HOT's fanclub is the ancestor of current fanclubs... you really can't compare the current numbers to how big they were back then.
10. [+91, -5] We're in a generation where idol groups struggle to even make it past the 7 year mark. It's amazing that HOT has managed to milk their fame for 20 years when they were only around for 5 years ㅋㅋ
11. [+85, -6] I remember seeing news back then about subways increasing times for HOT concerts and schools banning students from going home early...
12. [+104, -18] More like 1/100...
13. [+49, -9] Even with 1/10 of the popularity after disbandment, they would still be more popular than any of the current idols, that's how huge they were. Now they're probably at about 1/1000 of what they used to be.
14. [+37, -6] Hyung, I don't think you're even 1/100 of it these days... ㅠ
15. [+25, -3] I remember dancing to HOT's Candy with my cousins at my grandmother's 60th birthday party. I was only 7 at the time but that's how popular HOT was, well known by all generations and genders.