Popular Japanese idol confesses to becoming an idol for the money


Article: Popular idol A makes shocking confession "I became an idol for the money"

Source: X Sports News via Nate

Hashimoto Nanami on retiring, "I'm thinking of living life as a normal woman. I joined Nogizaka46 really for the money. My family was poor to the point where our water and gas would get cut off. I'm the oldest so my family helped me in a lot of ways but there wasn't enough for my younger brother. I thought that I had to be an idol no matter what. Now my younger brother is in college with a scholarship. There are 4 years left but we'll be okay."

1. [+833, -5] Then do you think these idols become idols to give their fans hopes and dreams?

2. [+612, -5] Did anyone actually think idols became idols for the justice of society and self-realization or something? Tsk...

3. [+26, -1] Obviously they're doing it for the money, who would actually be proud of a career made off of shaking your butt in front of people and having to deal with hateful comments all the time

4. [+21, -1] Isn't it the same for everyone?

5. [+19, -4] Nothing shocking about it, no one actually works because they want to

6. [+17, -0] I like that she's honest. She's right, we're all working for the money..

7. [+14, -0] I think it's cool of her! She's made enough that she needs and now she can go off and do something she really likes

8. [+13, -0] Of course we're all in this for the money, as if any of us actually go to work for self fulfillment ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+11, -1] What else would you work for other than money? ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+10, -1] She really did live a poor life though... she was so poor that she'd starve for 3 days and wondered what job would feed her and wanted to become an idol after seeing idols get fed lunch boxes in the waiting rooms...

-