Article: Woman in her thirties trapped in her own home due to face breaking down under neurofibroma...
Source: SBS via Nate
A TV show did a special on a 33 year old woman suffering from an overgrown neurofibroma since she was 2 years old. Its overgrowth has caused her face to grow in unnatural ways (her skull never fully formed) and the weight of the tumor has caused her facial skin to sag, eventually leading to the loss of her eyesight and the inability to properly breathe or eat (she requires the help of her parents and communicates through the computer).
Overnight, viewers managed to raise 700 million won in online donations and consultation has begun for her surgery to hopefully improve her living conditions.
|at 100 days old|
|"I go on the computer or read electronic books or listen to the radio"|
|Her mother also suffers from neurofibroma|
1. [+2,553, -22] My heart broke watching this yesterday... Of course it's painful for her but how painful it must also be for her parents having to watch all of this.. ㅠㅠㅠ I hope that this gets spread far and wide and more people support her
2. [+2,056, -35] I'm so grateful that she's still alive. I hope that medical advancements can help her in some way. She taught us so many things about life today. I love you, and fighting.
3. [+1,352, -22] I have a lot of respect for her father. Her mother is suffering from some type of illness with tumors and might've genetically passed it on to her daughter but he still chose to marry her and have a child with her and it must've been a hard decision to stay by their side this entire time but he still did it... Much respect.. ㅠㅠ
4. [+201, -2] I sincerely hope a hospital can help her
5. [+200, -1] Her disease isn't something that can be fixed... but this is a time where the help of plastic surgeons is much needed. Please help her live a life of an actual human being. Beauty isn't the focus here... I hope a talented plastic surgeon can help.
6. [+160, -2] To the people wondering why the couple decided to have a child, they didn't know the mother was suffering from anything until the pregnancy happened. It wasn't until after the pregnancy that she started getting tumors too.
7. [+142, -3] I heard they already raised 500 million won in donations in just a day. I hope that it all goes to the family.
8. [+121, -1] Breaks my heart to think just how bad it must've been that they decided to take it to TV like this. I was very touched with what a positive person she still managed to be and it made me reflect on who I am as a person too. I hope she gets cured and the whole family can live happily doing what they want ㅠ
Article: PD, "Hyun Hee-ssi is scheduled for surgery... thank you for your support"
Source: Biz Enter via Nate
1. [+2,159, -26] I hope shows like this and other shows about helping people and animals stay on TV for the next 10 years
2. [+2,082, -20] Instead of shows like 'Let Me In' that turn people into plastic monsters, we need more shows like this that help actual people who need it...
3. [+1,272, -13] PD-nim, thank you! Thank you for making your TV show about people who need actual help. I hope changing a person's life can ripple into changing the world to become a better place.
4. [+76, -0] So grateful for all of the people who donated~~
5. [+70, -0] I hope her mother is able to get treated as well too... hoping for better days for this family soon.
1. [+223, -5] I hope the surgery will be successful!!! Please!!!
2. [+210, -4] It makes me reflect on who I am as a person. All of the useless things I worry and complain about, the things I'm unsatisfied over, when I should be grateful that I'm healthy and comfortable... I hope she finds strength!!
3. [+173, -9] Wow, 700 million won overnight;;
4. [+26, -2] I hope all of the donations go to them... Can't imagine how painful it must've been for the parents to have to watch all of this unfold... I hope the surgery is successful.
5. [+25, -3] I cried so hard watching this last night. Everyone is the same on the inside... So sad that a normal woman is trapped inside a body she can't control. I wish her a safe recovery...