Article: EXO Lay faints at airport while waiting for plane with a high fever
Source: Herald Econ via Nate
1. [+637, -55] This has gone too far. If even a male idol is on the verge of fainting like this... first VIXX, this time it's Lay. Agencies really need to start balancing schedules better. Men rarely ever faint like this but just how overworked are they that they are?
2. [+608, -50] I work at the airport and I didn't see him faint but I did see him get transferred out about two hours ago. He wasn't conscious. I'm not an EXO fan but it made me worry for him.
3. [+502, -42] EXO has concerts all year long and he had to prepare for his solo album, shoot his MV, go to MBC, Busan, etc, his entire schedule was just a mess
4. [+52, -15] He got lucky. Imagine if he got on the plane and this happened to him, there wouldn't have been much they could do
5. [+44, -12] There's nothing easy in the world. He's making the type of money others take 10 years to make in 1 year, do you think any old physical stamina can handle that? So worry about yourselves in the time you're worrying about him. He's going to be treated by the best staff at the best hospital and get right back up to make good money again.
6. [+36, -6] He fainted out of his own greed. He can cut back on his Chinese schedules but he's the one who wants to go solo in China and is doing both group and solo promos without rest. The other members are just fine health wise.
1. [+6,312, -267] SM, do you not manage your artists anymore? They are not money making machines. Not an SM fan but this is too far.
2. [+4,416, -136] He should've been given a lighter schedule but he was just overworked so hard ㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+4,315, -129] He had a fever and fainted while walking, I really hope that it's nothing severe
4. [+3,457, -157] Hul... as flashy as these celebrities seem, their struggles look to be as big as the amount of money they earn..
5. [+3,184, -112] SM, stop overworking these kids. This isn't even the first time one of their idols has fainted. Wake up and start taking are of their health.
6. [+543, -22] How does it make sense that a celebrity didn't have his manager or a body guard and fans had to get emergency services for him? SM, wake up...
7. [+488, -23] To the fans who are letting this go like it's not a big deal because it's not your bias, you think this type of treatment is only applicable to Yixing? This kid literally fainted while walking with a high fever and SM did nothing about it until fans called the ambulance for him.
8. [+402, -15] Fans have to file the lawsuits, fans have to call the ambulances... so what exactly is SM or their managers doing this whole time?
9. [+391, -18] I hope everyone involved in this gets fired ㅋㅋㅋ what was SM doing while he reached this point in his health, why was there no one with him?
10. [+371, -16] How badly was he overworked that a healthy, young adult male faints like this? SM proves to be SM once again
Article: SM reps, "EXO Lay fainted over temporary lack of sleep... no issues with his health"
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+7,252, -314] Just let him rest... it's because you keep working them like this that your artists file lawsuits against you to leave. How have they not learned anything by now?
2. [+6,354, -149] Not an SM fan but they really need to let their idols sleep more if they're going to work them like this..
3. [+5,678, -138] How badly was he overworked that he's lacking sleep?
4. [+4,650, -118] After seeing how this was handled, I cannot trust SM anymore. Even as he was fainting, no one was there to take care of him. The fact that he fainted at all, even if it was for a lack of sleep, means that his body has given out. Would it have even been possible for him to get on that plane and perform for 3 hours after? Did the agency want him to faint mid-concert? If SM cares at all about protecting their own artists, they need to let him rest.
5. [+2,410, -161] Glad it's nothing major~~~ take care of your health!!
6. [+712, -36] Does SM not realize that a lack of sleep IS a health issue?
7. [+674, -26] Men in their twenties should be strong enough to chew through steel, just how badly is SM overworking him that he faints over a lack of sleep?
8. [+588, -16] Acting, varieties, writing songs, solo albums, EXO promos, traveling back and forth from China, Japan, and Korea... no way his body could keep up with that
9. [+548, -19] Even if Lay says he's okay, the agency should have enough sense to keep him on rest..
10. [+509, -12] The fact that he fainted at all means he has health issues. Why does SM treat it like it's no big deal that a young male just fainted from being overexerted?