Article: From anorexia to panic disorders... the sad reality behind idols
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+727, -49] But is it any different from working in the real world? Fighting against yourself is a process everyone has to go through amidst tough competition... the only person who can overcome is none other than yourself, whether it's the celebrity industry or the real world...
2. [+530, -44] I assume over 70% of the rest of us are suffering from some type of mental disorder too
3. [+169, -38] She should take a break and look for a different line of work
4. [+52, -3] It's not only idols who have it rough, there are others working in the real world who can't even make it obvious that they're suffering from anything in fear of getting fired. We all have to hold it in and continue working... at least idols can take a break if they're sick, the rest of us can't. It's a problem of society.
5. [+34, -4] The biggest difference between celebrities and the rest of us is that celebrities are doing that job because they wanted to pursue it whereas the rest of us are only working to make a living and survive. There's a drastic difference in the quality of life of someone working at a job that they desire versus someone working at a job that they hate.
6. [+35, -5] I'm not worried, celebrities will live just fine even if they take a break because they're sick. If the rest of us get sick, the livelihood of our families are on the line.
7. [+31, -4] People say all that time that stuff like this comes with the job for celebrities but that doesn't justify the hate comments they get
8. [+28, -3] Non-celebrities have it harder... at least celebrities make good money for what they do..
9. [+34, -5] It's no different from the real world. The more money you make, the more stressful you become.
10. [+18, -0] It's unfortunate what's happening to them but there are a lot of people in the real world who have it ten times harder without enough compensation. They can't even quit because then they can't survive.
11. [+38, -7] But shouldn't they have expected this the minute they decided to become an idol? Do they think the rest of the world is living an easier life?
12. [+22, -2] Sad reality is that my life is hard enough to live already, I don't have enough sympathy to spare for an idol. I'm sad for myself already.
13. [+15, -0] Sorry but I don't have enough peace of mind to be worrying about celebrities right now
14. [+17, -1] I don't feel sad when they jumped into this career because they wanted it. There are so many more office workers who have it tougher than they do.
15. [+15, -1] I'm more worried about making next month's rent than I am about a celebrity