Article: "Safest country in the world is Finland... Korea ranks 61st"
Source: Yonhap News via Nate [ original source here ]
1. [+432, -59] We have great public peace and public transportation, I think we have it good
2. [+405, -24] We're ranked lower than China??
3. [+387, -61] There are very few countries in the world like Korea where a woman can go out in the streets past midnight alone and still be safe
4. [+44, -3] Korea's probably ranked lower because we're a divided ceasefire country. The system views Korea probably on the same level as Iraq in terms of danger levels. Not like foreigners will know what it's actually like in our country.
5. [+41, -10] As someone who's visited Europe and all... I actually felt that Korea was quite safer by comparison;;;
6. [+33, -3] Korea's in 61st? Maybe because we're a divided country? I actually think we'd rank in the top 10 in terms of safety
7. [+32, -6] Even a grown man would piss his pants going around London or Paris past midnight alone. It's actually so much safer in Korea at night but we're ranked 61st ㅋㅋㅋㅋ that's quite ridiculous
8. [+20, -5] You're kidding me, right? The Middle East was ranked at the top? ㅋㅋ
9. [+19, -3] I find this rank hard to believe
10. [+19, -3] Try going overseas for yourself... you'll quickly realize how safe Korea actually is
11. [+17, -9] Korea's probably the #1 country to get drunk in and run around alone all night and still have nothing happen to you
12. [+15, -2] No way... both Korea and Japan are some of the safest countries to not only live in but to vacation in. There is no other foreign country where you can walk around safely at night...