Article: A Pink ends comeback 'empty handed', what was the issue?
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+259, -8] Well they had a long hiatus and their new song didn't have enough of an impact
2. [+251, -16] They need better songs.. and it's not like they were ever S tier as a group either...
3. [+208, -8] It's fine that they didn't win #1 on music shows since trophies don't mean what they used to anyway but it does feel like A Pink as a group is getting less attention, especially since groups like Twice, Black Pink, and IOI have come out. Those groups are always headlining and charting strongly whereas A Pink has none of that. The public just doesn't care about them anymore.
4. [+28, -4] I'd put SHINee in the same flop category too. They were barely getting some trophies when it was an empty house and then got pushed aside entirely by BTS... A Pink and SHINee both had weak songs.
5. [+27, -3] It's just a result of times changing. A Pink isn't considered that pretty compared to other idol groups and they won #1 till now with good songs. It's been a while since A Pink debuted too and they've already hit their peak so it's natural that they're on the decline now. And it's not like you're considered a flop just because you didn't win #1... It's just best that they accept what they are now and promote as they are... Anyway, it seems like the members went through some intense dieting. They all came back so skinny..
6. [+21, -5] I liked their new song but I do think that the public is bored with them always doing the same concept
7. [+18, -3] Their song was pretty bad
8. [+17, -2] This was actually their worst song to date. I love all of A Pink's songs but their new one was a miss ㅜ
9. [+16, -2] The members looked great from outfit to style but the song was bad... It felt like a packed soccer stadium and the players are all in good condition... and then the ball is missing right as the game's about to start.
10. [+14, -3] I guess even A Pink's washed up now...
11. [+11, -2] It's understandable if you consider how long A Pink's been out already. Idol life spans may seem long but they usually hit peak at about 5 years and then go on decline after that. A Pink's an older group now so of course they're going to focus more on individual activities with less album promos since there are way younger rookie groups constantly debuting. It's the natural flow of idol groups, not necessarily a sign of their popularity dropping...
12. [+9, -5] The public's just bored now
13. [+8, -1] A Pink barely promotes on varieties or other individual activities. Their only forms of promotions were music shows or concerts and they were on hiatus for a year and 2 months while promoting overseas so their fandom got a lot weaker in the process. I don't think A Cube is promoting them as much as they used to either. They have a lot of fan meets in Japan but none in Korea... I get that the foreign market is more profitable but you shouldn't ignore your Korean fans like that.