Article: Sandara Park, "My popularity in the Philippines? They recognize me as much as Yoo Jae Suk"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+423, -11] I remember watching a rerun of her episode of 'Human Theater' in 2004 and it really made me wonder why she came to Korea when she was so popular over there.. CFs, dramas, variety show MCs, singing activities... now she's barely doing anything in Korea. It must feel pretty bad to throw that popularity behind to come here, although I'm sure she's still made a lot of money.
2. [+335, -7] She can go back to the Philippines later and build herself a palace to live in there. So jealous~ Just sad that her team can't promote anymore because of member issues...
3. [+274, -12] I feel like 2NE1 would've done well as just 3 with CL, Sandara, and Minzy, no need for Bom. Instead YG kept them on the backburner, eventually leading to Minzy leaving and 2NE1 unable to promote at all ㅋㅋㅋ all they had to do was throw one member out but what loyalty were they holding on to that they turned the group out like this?
4. [+37, -0] I saw her documentary so yeah, her popularity is fact ㅋㅋㅋ She won 2nd place on some audition show like 'K-Pop Star' and her song 'In or Out' hit daebak and then she just blew up with a ton of schedules ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+35, -2] Yup, in the Philippines, Korean woman = Sandara Park. Whenever they see a Korean woman, they say she looks like Sandara, and Filipinos will always ask you if you know her. She's really that famous./
6. [+11, -1] So why is she famous? Was she originally a celebrity there??
7. [+10, -0] Sad how things turned out for her. Who knew that 2NE1 would fail this hard. Such a good group gone to waste.
8. [+6, -1] It's extremely dangerous in the Philippines right now
9. [+5, -0] I was in Cebu for a couple days on a business trip and got on a taxi. The taxi driver said the song playing was sung by someone from my country. It wasn't in English but in Tagalog and I asked if she was really Korean and he said "Sandara Park!" ㅋㅋㅋ