[Instiz] 'Chewing Gum' was originally Red Velvet's song?


Instiz: Why Red Velvet fans are currently pissed off with SM

"Their comeback was postponed and 'Chewing Gum' was originally supposed to be Red Velvet's song but SM gave it to their junior boy group NCT. A pity because 'Chewing Gum' would've hit daebak if Red Velvet came back with it."

-

"Hmm, I personally would rather Red Velvet comeback with a song that shows off their vocals more than something like 'Chewing Gum'. They'd match the song well but something like 'Dumb Dumb' is a better fit for Red Velvet."

"I did think of Red Velvet as soon as I heard the song ㅠㅠㅠㅠ well, I hope they comeback with an even better one instead"

"I think NCT Dream fits the song better. 'Chewing Gum' doesn't show off your vocals and Red Velvet would do better with a song that shows off both their vocals and dances. I'm sure SM knows better which song fits which group better."

"I think people would've criticized Red Velvet for sounding like a children's song if they came out with 'Chewing Gum'. NCT Dream's age is the perfect age range for it."

"I wish SM would just produce songs for specific groups. Sometimes it feels like they just produce a bunch of songs and tells each group to try this, try that, and see what sticks."

"SM has always rotated songs, can't do anything about that. 'Happiness' was originally f(x)'s and I heard EXO's 'Artificial Love' was supposed to be for NCT's electro punky concept unit. And as we found out, 'Chewing Gum' was originally for Red Velvet but went to NCT... I'm sure there's a lot more that we don't know and I'm sure Red Velvet will be given a better fitting song!"

"SM does this a lot, actually. EXO has songs that were originally for NCT too..."

"This is just a rumor after all"

"SM has such a strong, distinctive style when it comes to their music and they try to be forward when it comes to setting trends so I don't think they produce music for specific groups in mind but just for the sake of production in general and then decide who should sing what later."

"I heard EXO's 'Lucky One' was originally for SHINee too ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, fans aren't pissed over this"

"I would've preferred Red Velvet singing 'Chewing Gum'"

"Well technically EXO's 'Artificial Love' was for NCT too but EXO's AR team composer said in an interview that he took it for EXO instead. Songs don't belong to anyone, it's whoever released it in the end that owns it ㅋㅋㅋ and even if this rumor's true, maybe Red Velvet's AR team didn't think 'Chewing Gum' was a good fit for them."

-