Article: Kyungjoo gets hit with strongest fourth earthquake at a 5.1
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
1. [+1,938, -39] This was the strongest earthquake I've ever felt in my life. I actually felt my building shake.
2. [+1,937, -47] I'm in Busan and it caught me by surprise;;; my KakaoTalk didn't work and I couldn't even access Naver....
3. [+1,846, -48] Isn't it really strong if even people in Seoul felt it?? This is the first time in my life feeling such a thing
4. [+196, -8] What's scarier is that we didn't get any disaster alert texts
5. [+176, -10] What are we supposed to do if all it takes is one earthquake for the entirety of KakaoTalk to go down... our country is hopeless
6. [+165, -2] It's at least a relief that the strongest hit Kyungjoo where there are shorter buildings compared to other cities. If it had hit Seoul or Busan, it would've been a bigger disaster.
7. [+125, -2] KakaoTalk still isn't working
8. [+118, -0] Wow... in all my 28 years of life, this is my first time feeling an earthquake. I honestly thought my house was going to crash down and felt so panicked for the 5 seconds that it was going on... I now know what true panic feels like ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ that was terrifying ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. [+92, -3] I'm in Daegu and my entire house was shaking ㅜㅜ
10. [+72, -1] At the moment of the earthquake, anything like money or my house was useless, all I could think about was my family
Article: Kyungjoo's second earthquake is strongest yet at 5.8
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
1. [+2,052, -209] Wow ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Our country is so amazing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ not one disaster text message ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+1,726, -73] The public broadcast channels are airing their regular shows still ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1,381, -62] Anyone else's KakaoTalk still down? ㅠㅠ
4. [+124, -6] How does it make any f*cking sense that a server as huge as KakaoTalk's goes down for over an hour over one earthquake. Even foreigners don't have access to the server right now. What's the use of Korea being called an IT power nation when it doesn't even work in times of actual need like this.
5. [+110, -3] A 5.8....;;; Felt it down to my bones that this country is no longer safe from earthquakes
6. [+65, -2] What's scarier is that our government couldn't even forecast this
7. [+61, -2] I'm in Suwon and I felt the second one so clearly, it was so much stronger. I wasn't prepared for it at all so I couldn't do anything but lay flat on the floor ㅠㅠ I'm a man but this is my first experience with an earthquake and I still have cold sweats over it... and the fact that we still haven't gotten a disaster text yet...
8. [+43, -7] KakaoTalk doesn't deserve their title as the nation's messenger service anymore. Other services are sending messages but for their servers to go down over a 5.1 earthquake... they've lost all rights.
9. [+38, -0] The second earthquake was so much longer and stronger. My door was shaking and my table was trembling, I honestly felt scared for my life.
10. [+37, -2] Why are we still not getting disaster texts? I felt it in Kyungkido too