Article: Park Yoohwan vs ex-girlfriend reps give conflicting statements on common-law marriage
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+606, -59] So she filed her lawsuit before Park Yoochun's scandal broke out. I'd think it was weird if she claimed it was a common-law marriage when they were only dating for a year but they lived together for four years, maybe the woman did think it of it as a marriage... I guess we'll have to see.
2. [+359, -40] I heard the brothers are really close
3. [+254, -34] A common-law marriage is completely different from simply living with your significant other, they're not the same thing at all. A common-law marriage means you're practically a married couple in all senses of the word, just not legally registered as one.
4. [+31, -15] Maybe they began living together under the pretense of eventually getting married... but couples break up after living together all the time, it doesn't seem normal of the woman to file a lawsuit over that. With that type of personality, she must've obsessed over him a lot too. He probably provided for her financially and now she wants even more financial gain out of him with the lawsuit???
5. [+27, -13] I don't even know why a thing like common-law marriages exist. What's the point of marriage and registering it then?
6. [+25, -15] I had a friend who dated someone for 7 years and he dumped her one day. She begged and begged him to stay but he wouldn't and she spent months barely living... She spent her entire twenties on him and now she's at an age where it's hard to meet anyone new. Maybe I should've told her to claim common-law marriage and at least get some lawsuit money out of him too ㅋ
7. [+24, -1] Already living with a lover at 22 years old;;;; amazing
8. [+24, -1] It's always better not to live with any significant other before marriage...
1. [+3,817, -183] Whether he dates or lives with someone is not any of our business.... but at least have some basic respect when you break up with someone so you don't get involved in scandals like this. How can the brothers both be acting up like this. Sigh tsk tsk.
2. [+2,765, -198] Can't believe both brothers are acting up like this, tsk tsk.
3. [+2,604, -162] Whatever the truth of these scandals are, seeing both brothers act up like this just makes me think it's a problem with their household in general
4. [+656, -44] Just how badly do these brothers treat women that they've both ended up in scandals like this?
5. [+577, -21] Honestly this guy would be a total nugu if not for Park Yoochun;;;
6. [+450, -57] Both brothers ruining their lives because of women
7. [+259, -19] I remember he had a lisp
8. [+243, -14] Either way, the truth of the matter is that he did live with her
9. [+196, -23] Well a friend of the couple said that they weren't really acting like a married couple, which is what you need as evidence in order for your relationship to be recognized as a common-law marriage in court. The couple needs to attend family holiday events together and stuff acting as a married couple. Simply living together isn't enough.
10. [+104, -9] I honestly do think if you live together for more than a year with talks of marriage on the table, your relationship should be considered a common-law marriage.